Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I think my iPhone is defective... :(

Thumbs down I think my iPhone is defective... :(
    My sister's iPhone album pictures page scrolling is very fluid while mine skips frames.

Is this a normal/common issue?

Can it be fixed?

Both are old iPhones.
    Both have 2.1 version installed.
    And I did a hard reset hoping this will get fixed... Does hard reset really deletes everything to manufacture default?

Coverflow is dependant on the software not hardware, if your coverflow has a lag it means your iphone software can not smoothly display the graphics because the processor is maxed out. Try a hard re-boot (hold home and top button down until you get the boot logo (apple, pwnapple, whatever) and wait for the iphone to show the lock screen. Unlock and try coverflow - how is it now? You could have apps still running in the background that have not closed. Otherwise do a clean restore.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robcoffee For This Useful Post:

Hark (09-17-2008)

No no... it's not the Coverflow, I meant the pictures page album.
    Last edited by Hark; 09-17-2008 at 05:54 PM.

also. I've noticed that high resolution images cause it to skip and lag. I added a wallpaper pack from Cydia that caused this.

Oh, I see. I'm not sure then. On my 16gb 2.1 iPhone original Photo Library has 1003 pictures and scrolls through them nice and smooth, I still think the problem is related to the processor being occupied with other tasks and that is slowing things down?
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

The pics in her phone are the same I have.

She even had 78 (the same i have and a few others more of her's) while I had 60 and her page scrolled very fluid while mine didn't.

TRIES:

Hard reset/ hard re-booting/ hard everything from manufacture
    Deleted all applications

Nothing fixed it...

Any more sugestions?

Can I get some more help please?
    Last edited by Hark; 09-17-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hmm.. Try just having like 2 or 3 images in your photo album. None in the camera roll. Make sure the ones you pit in there are small. See if it still jerks and lags. That will debunk my theory that it's a large image file. Couldn't hurt

my man... I don't need to try that because when I was comparing each phone they where both in the same page, with the same pictures, same everything.

This is how it all started when I came aware of the issue.

I was getting ready to do a restore to my phone and I asked my sister to hold for me all my pictures. She have a MAC laptop while I use an HP Laptop, I asked her to back me up the photos because I had no idea how to back up my pictures and putting em back on my phone with "windows" so she did the favor.

After she got the pictures in her phone she handed it to me to fully check if all the pics I had were there.

That's when I noticed how fluid the page scrolled up and down without a single frame skip or slow down.

Then after it finished restoring, I started testing with some pics not all to see if the scroll got fixed, but nothing... it was still the same.

So I got so frustrated and a bit angry while pissed and sad that my phone had that issue. I then asked my brother and he over reacted and started to argue me because he thought I broke the phone by installing Cydia and some apps and stuff. After he calmed down a bit, he had no idea why it was having that issue.

Then I proceeded to ask in here.

Hope this help.
    Let me know, please.
    Last edited by Hark; 09-18-2008 at 02:24 AM. Reason: some typo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

try getting into dfu and restore to an original 2.1 then make a new custom 2.1 and restore to that

mind if you tell me how to do that?
    i mean... if it's not to much trouble... hopefully not

Bump
    Last edited by Hark; 09-19-2008 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hark View Post
    mind if you tell me how to do that?
    i mean... if it's not to much trouble... hopefully not

Bump
    There are pages and pages of tutorials here on MMI... a simple search will get you far
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by pncntigger View Post
    try getting into dfu and restore to an original 2.1 then make a new custom 2.1 and restore to that
    Ok I'm about to do that.. but what is the diference from restoring without entering DFU, I'm still restoring the device to it's factory settings with the 2.1 update.

I already tried that and didn't fixed the problem, perhaps is a manufacture hardware issue that came with the phone?

I hope not

I'm doing the DFU restore right now hoping to get that fix!

Just finished from restoring and I didn't got it fixed.

I give up
    Last edited by Hark; 09-20-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Still doubtful that it's a manufacturing issue, I don't think that any hardware issue would cause your iPhone to still work, but not render pictures properly. Maybe you should try to restore and not jailbreak, then scroll through the photos and see if it works?

Don't give up, lol.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    Still doubtful that it's a manufacturing issue, I don't think that any hardware issue would cause your iPhone to still work, but not render pictures properly. Maybe you should try to restore and not jailbreak, then scroll through the photos and see if it works?

Don't give up, lol.
    Hey thanks, you know i have tried that already? lol

Anyways just posting to let you all know that for some odd reason after a few restores while installing Pwnage Tool 2.1 and finally managing to install it properly,it got all fixed.

WOOT! I have no idea what happened nor how it got fixed, but im happy now.

Thanks though.