+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone screen cuts off

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I was out Saturday night and i pulled out my 2G, 16GB, Iphone to read a message i received and the screen wouldn't turn on. No matter what buttons
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone screen cuts off
    Hi

I was out Saturday night and i pulled out my 2G, 16GB, Iphone to read a message i received and the screen wouldn't turn on. No matter what buttons i pressed it wasn't turning on, so i thought the battery may have gone dead.

10 minutes later i felt it vibrate, as if i got a text, and again the screen wasn't working. This time i decided to get people to call me and it was vibrating and the ring tone was working.

After scratching my head i decided to plug it into my PC when i get home to see if it would work, as this has happened with frozen screen in the past. Anyway it didn't. I got so frustrated, and i was quite intoxicated, i threw the phone at wall. I picked it up, happy it was in one piece but also happy as the screen came on asking for my pin number.

So far i've had no further problems, i'm running 2.1 unlocked and i didn't install any new apps or anything that day.

Does anyone have any clues what this could be?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

If that's the only way it'll respond to you, it must be related to Tina Turner.

Good job, Ike.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s