+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 for windows?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Does any know when we could expect to jailbreak 2.1 on windows? I updgraded to 2.1 the night it came out thinking i could be without cydia and installer for
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default 2.1 for windows?
    Does any know when we could expect to jailbreak 2.1 on windows?

I updgraded to 2.1 the night it came out thinking i could be without cydia and installer for a few days (i was wrong). They came out with pwng for mac the day after, whats up with windows? I'm starting to have cydia withdrawals.

Thanks

why a lot of poster here doesnt know how to use search button or even google... im starting to hate to see this kind of thread and now i dont want to help them anymore... this is a forum rule...search first before posting
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
    why a lot of poster here doesnt know how to use search button or even google... im starting to hate to see this kind of thread and now i dont want to help them anymore... this is a forum rule...search first before posting
    Just so you know: The search function doesn't always work so well for some. Instead of writing a paragraph on why you don't want to help maybe you should write a paragraph that does help.

To the original poster:

It is out and there are links to the custom firmwares on here.
    After you download one all you have to do is a Shift+restore in iTunes 8 and you are on your way

The only other thing I did before hand was terminate the iTuneshelper that was running in my taskmanager before I started the firmware installation.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

bennygarcia06 (09-17-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    To (CaptainChaos) thanks for that, ill see if i can find some. I just saw the original post about pwng out for mac and it said that windows users would have to wait, i didnt know they were out already. Thanks for the help.

(theone) i really dont see the need to get so upset...geez. If you cant help out just dont read the post.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Just so you know: The search function doesn't always work so well for some. Instead of writing a paragraph on why you don't want to help maybe you should write a paragraph that does help.

To the original poster:

It is out and there are links to the custom firmwares on here.
    After you download one all you have to do is a Shift+restore in iTunes 8 and you are on your way

The only other thing I did before hand was terminate the iTuneshelper that was running in my taskmanager before I started the firmware installation.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Ok, I dont know why everyone is wondering about quickpwn for 2.1 i found it on quickpwns site, And it worked just fine.... Anyone else try this yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bennygarcia06 View Post
    To (CaptainChaos) thanks for that, ill see if i can find some. I just saw the original post about pwng out for mac and it said that windows users would have to wait, i didnt know they were out already. Thanks for the help.

(theone) i really dont see the need to get so upset...geez. If you cant help out just dont read the post.

Yeah the reason they are out is because the Mac users were making custom firmwares and posting them. Very cool! The firmwares are universal so you can run them through iTunes on a Mac or PC.

Thanks
    Hi,

I tried Quickpwn onmy 2g iPhone and it daid, the sw version Ihave was not supported, I am running a 2.0.1 on a 1st gen iPhone,
    tried tried the MAC OS pwn tool as well, that stuck at finding the 3.6 BL file, If I download that file as the tool suggests then the BL file is not recognized by MAC. have already checked iClarified and MMI for the files same thing pls help with options,
    Thanks

Thanks

Read through this post it has a ton of useful info and firmware links without a bunch of confusion:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post2208891