+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need Help, some apps aren't working properly

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ever since the last update and after installing Cydia some of my apps aren't working how they are supposed to. For example: In the Kaleidoscope app, every image that was
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default I need Help, some apps aren't working properly
    Ever since the last update and after installing Cydia some of my apps aren't working how they are supposed to.

For example:

In the Kaleidoscope app, every image that was shown used to move very fluid and fast, but I have noticed that it's all slow and a bit buggy now.

Another app is the "Are you Psychic?" the sounds in the app are buggy as well.

I'm pretty sure there are a few other more and I don't know how to fix this, or if I did something wrong with the installation of Cydia or what.

I have notcied some app crashes randomly, such as... The first time i was writing this post I was doing it with my iphone and gave up when all of sudden it decided to close by itself.

On another note I really want to get my boot apple logo back instead of the pineapple. (I know it was a mistake)

In any case I have an old regular iPhone with the latest version 2.1 and I think I used Pwnage tool 1.1 to install Cydia.

That's pretty much it.

I hope some of you can help me

Thank you.

Bump

come on...
    Last edited by Hark; 09-16-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

certain apps needed to be tweaked to work with the latest 2.1 fw.. I am sure that is the case....just wait a bit...gradually apps will be ported for 2.1fw again soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

Hark (09-16-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Safari crashing I have had happen on 2.0.2 (it just happens sometimes)
    As for the rest of your stuff, I haven't even heard of any of those apps. If others came up with this problem it is probably something they just don;t care enough about (IDK about you but kaleidescope doesn't seem like something I NEED to have) It doesn't sound like you specifically did anything wrong if most of your apps work just fine... they just might not be compatible with 2.1 yet fully. Updates will come around for this. As for the pineapple... you need to repwn... no way around this currently.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

Hark (09-16-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

<----- 2.1 all apps working properly. most issues are from upgrades leaving old files, do a fresh install. I even have intelliscreen working properly. *gasp*
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

7. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

Hark (09-16-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hmm I think the Kaleidoscope and Psychic thing where working just fine before installing Cydia.

Anyways... thanks for all the help.

I will do now a Application back up and redo the pwnage tool installing again to fix the Pineapple.

Any possible way to recover everything back without having to reinstall every app i had back?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

See you're not listening. Do a FRESH INSTALL because old files cause conflicts.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok I just finished re pwnage tool again and noticed I didn't had the need to do any backup.

The logo is gone which im glad.

But I think I'm gonna have to do a full restore from scratch because those apps are still messed and I just noticed the scrolling picture page is very glitchy and slow compared to my syster's which is also an old iphone. The only difference is that her's isn't jailbreak.

Any sugestions before I do the restore?