+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.02 upgrade on 1st gen phone now no network (rogers)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
WiFi works but no phone now every thing else seems to work how do I get the phone and edge working again? Any help would be appreciated... Update: I had
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 2.02 upgrade on 1st gen phone now no network (rogers)
    WiFi works but no phone now every thing else seems to work how do I get the phone and edge working again? Any help would be appreciated...
    Update: I had tried to use winpwn2.5 beta on the 2.0 software (didn't work) too many things wrong to explain..
    Then I tired to build a custom file using a downloaded copy of 2.02 still didn't work wouldn't boot etc.
    so then I let itunes 7.7 upgrade to an official version of 2.02
    ran quickpwn from the winpwn2.5 and it jailbroke fine... but couldnt make any calls.
    fumbled around for a few days and downloaded bootneuter using Cydia ( great program) and unlocked the sim card to work on Rogers..oh ...yeah........
    then I realized the mail wasn't working..... a few more days and i discovered the more button on Bosses prefs.. and voila the fix user directory button made the email work again.

as far as I can tell every thing now works like a charm....
    Final comment, I was able to save all of my contacts with Itunes even with all of the problems I had

So here I am running 2.0.2 upgrade on 1st gen 8g iphone .....sweet
    All of the answers were found on this site thanks to all the people who answered similar questions where I was able to get going again...
    Last edited by nitram; 09-23-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: info update