Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Taking my Phone Back To Apple Tuesday

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Taking my Phone Back To Apple Tuesday
    I have a 4GB iphone, my girlfriend uses, the screen has what looks to be seperation on the right and left out side edges of the screen, also clear looking bubbles, maybe 3-4 in the whole screen as well, never been wet, and the white in the jack, shows that. I have it unlocked, my question is how do I backup the phone? How do I make it so Apple doesnt know it's been unlocked, and what phone am I going to end up getting if they do replace it? I am heading to the Apple store around 9:00 tues morning to hopefully get a new one. Is this a free exchange or will I have to pay, my warrenty says complementary iphone replacement until nov 09..but u know how apple is...
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Usually they'll just give ya a new one right then and there for free, but they might give you an 8gb, they dont sell 4gb anymore.

Youll want to back up everything [just sync] and completely restore first though.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, I am not sure what they are doing at this point. Being that it was unlocked I am assuming that you don't have an ATT account. Really not sure what they are going to say to this. Restoring it straight SHOULD just get you back to an undetactable phone. The problem is it will be locked again and this might look a little weird to Apple. Worth a try but there is always a possibility of them blacklisting the serial at this point. After all, they don;t sell the thing anymore so saying you just opened it and found it that way wouldn;t exactly fly.

Anyway, best of luck and let us know how things go.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone dykzebr's Avatar
    Thanks

I will have an AT&T sim in it when I take it too them, Just let them know I have the account on hold until the phone is repaired or some ******** like that. Also, I am confused as to why you would think that I would have to say it's fresh out of the box? Re-locking it wont show that will it? And since it's an apple store, what all can they pull off of it, as far as diagnostics?

oh, and emm..I dont know jack about the 3g, I can unlock and use it with tmobile right??
    Last edited by dykzebr; 09-14-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Extremly Happy Verizon iPhone User...

iPhone 4 32gb CDMA JailBROKE!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

3G currently doesnt have an unlock... it has a simunlock so you will have to buy a simunlock. I think they have backup 1st gen iphones... I doubt they will be replacing it with a 3G. I didn't mean to make it seem like you need to say fresh out of the box... it will just LOOK weird to bring them the phone in restore mode. ATT will not put your account on hold for a reason like this (as far as I know, but I could be wrong). I am simply saying be ready for an inquisition You will most likely be fine. When you put the 3G sim inside (if they check it, and again I am not sure they do) they will be able to see that it has never been activated. Again, good luck, hopefully they will give you no problems.

I had returned a phone (1st gen) unactivated for a dead pixel (that I had bought to unlock for TMO) but it was while they were still selling the phones, I simply told them the issue was there before I even had a chance to activate.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

You guys freaking kill me with these attempts to fool Apple. Everything you have ever done is inside that phone in several console logs scattered throughout the phone and they are not erased when you change the firmware.

They know when you are sleeping, they know when you're awake, they know when you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake......

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH you better not break, you better not fry, you better not drop..... I'm telling you why.... Apple knows every move you maaaaaaake.

Click this to expand it for a small taste of the phones unerased - always there - master log.

Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

They will hook it up to view the master log and see what you have done to the phone. They will deny your request. By the way even if you were to find someone to swap it, they won't give you a 3G, or a 2G 8GB, they will give you a 4GB (The stores have tons of refurbs that are for warranty replacements).