+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with gmail setup

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok here's what i did. i had to return my ifone 3g because it was faulty. so i got a new one. when i came home i hooked it up
    iPhone? More like MyPhone itsjustlenny's Avatar
    Thanks

Default help with gmail setup
    ok here's what i did. i had to return my ifone 3g because it was faulty. so i got a new one. when i came home i hooked it up to my mac and started up itunes and ran the setup for my 3g fone on itunes. now in itunes you get to a screen where it says something about alllowing itunes to do something with your email and i clicked no. and now i cant get into my gmail account thru my ifone. does anyone know how to fix this without having to restore my fone? thankssssss

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

when you plug your phone to the computer and start itunes, there should be a tab called "info" that lets you do email configurations (i'm not too familiar with that as i'm using mobileme and have had never had to do anything in itunes for my gmail account)

did you set up gmail on your phone already? what exactly does it do when you try to go into mail? crash back to the springboard? is your phone jailbroken? if it is, do you have bossprefs installed? if so, you can go in there and choose the fix user dir permissions.

if your phone is jailbroken and you set up this new phone with a restored backup from the old jailbroken phone, that may also be why your mail is crashing. just taking a few guesses here with the info given

Thanks

I have jailbroken/pwned quite a few iphones/ipots, and I always click 'no' on the synce contacts or whatever. You can't click on the email icon on your iphones springboard and then click gmail and then manually enter your info? it should work