Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 Wifi email check while in sleep not working?

Default 2.1 Wifi email check while in sleep not working?
    I have a 16gb 1st gen that was pwned.

Where i live i do not get cell reception at the house but did leave the iPhone in sleep mode and it would check email every 15 mins on its own.

Seems like it doesnt do it now on 2.1

If i turn on the iphone it starts a check a few moments after coming out of sleep.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just my iPhone?

Any help would be appreciated.

usually when your phone turn into sleep , the wifi disconnects after a while of sleeping... always been like that..

maybe im mistaken, so take it easy ^^

That is certainly true for most apps but when mail was set to check automatically on 1.xx my phone would certainly turn on the wifi check mail and then power down. Im certain as i would have my phone on the table with sim locked and it would alert me.

I found it very useful.

I guess i could use insomnia but that would just keep the wifi on permanently.

I noticed it seemed to check less often or at least didnt seem to keep up with emails when i first went to 2.0 and now its gone altogether in 2.1

It may be one of the ways they are helping reduce battery drainage?

***** Update *****

I did some testing sending emails to my gmail account and on battery it now doesnt check while in sleep but if connected to power it still does.

Makes sense i guess to save power but it would have been nice if it were optional.
    Last edited by addertay; 09-14-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Test update