+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ripped antenna cable = reduced wifi signal?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently had my iphone repaired because the screen was cracked. Last night I was taking off the case to clean it and the antenna cover came off with the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Ripped antenna cable = reduced wifi signal?
    I recently had my iphone repaired because the screen was cracked. Last night I was taking off the case to clean it and the antenna cover came off with the bottom piece of the case. Well I noticed that the antenna cable was partially ripped. I currently don't get any less of a phone signal from this, but I get terrible wifi signal. I can go generally no more than 15 feet from the AP before it drops out. Do you guys think this rip can affect the wifi/bluetooth at all?

I have attached pictures for clarity.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this may be a cheap fix, but try to put a small peice of aluminum foil over the torn peices to connect the 2 it should increase your signal, it is a jimmy rig way to fix it. let me know if it works, p.s. make shure to put some kind of glue or tape or something to make shure it does not move and short out your phone. Griffeenn

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had actually thought about doing something like that. Thanks!

If I just replace this cable with a new one, will it help my wifi to get a better signal? I can't find any information if this is the cable that receives wifi signals too.
    Last edited by gman8966; 09-15-2008 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost