+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone actually noticing the battery life improvements in 2.1 that Apple claimed?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just updated to 2.1, and I'm wondering whether there really ARE significant changes to the battery life.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Anyone actually noticing the battery life improvements in 2.1 that Apple claimed?
    I just updated to 2.1, and I'm wondering whether there really ARE significant changes to the battery life.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I do seem to have a longer battery life. Still NOTHING compared to my Nokia I had last year. It would go a good 4 days without a charge. Anyway there is a longer battery life. I'm not sure if its because I haven't jailbroken it yet so I don't have biteSMS and not constantly forwarding texts to my friends making fun of them because I still have electricity and they don't like I did all through Gustav lol.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine has improved with edge enabled I wouldn't go more then half a day.. 3G use to be even shorter now with 3G enabled I am getting at least 3-4 hours of talk and at least 30 megs of usage and I still have almost half my battery left to go in the evening.. my usage has increased and a lot more battery is left but is still nothing compared to the original iPhone.

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by jasonisjericho View Post

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

its probably like an extra 1% saved over 6 hours. which really means nothing

Thanks
    I've been doing my battery exercises with my wi-fi on and if i turn of my wi-fi i could go probably go about 2 days without charging. The other day i turned it off when it said i had 20% left and it was about midday and lasted until some time in the morning. oh and im not alway connected to wi-fi but its still on.