Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird issue

Default Weird issue
    Hello guys, I've got my iphone for some time and in first place i messed a lot with it (like all of us i think xD) installing lots of things, etc.
    One day I realize my iphone was having issues with the springboard restart, and after that, when the iphone is locked suddenly appears a message telling me "this application is not working on iphone" or something like that.
    Then decided to restore and in the process upgrade to a custom 2.0.2, I did it succesfully and 2.0.2 and springboard works flawless, but the message still appears. I restored 2 times and the issue remains.
    Te time between messages its pretty random, can be an hour can be 2 times in an hour or suddenly stopping for a while. The problem here is that is consuming a huge amount of battery that it didn't before.

Can anyone please help or know what's happening?

thanks in advance

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I would try restoring back to OTB (pure Apple) and see if the problem persists. Also, you could try SSHing into the phone, take a look at the Applications directory and see if there are any "pieces" of old apps still left hanging around and delete them, could be causing an issue. Its easiest to do with a newly restored OTB phone since obviously anything but stock would pop-up concern.

Otherwise, if it still glitches....I would take a trip to Apple. Running OTB of course.

Welcome to MMI!

Thanks for the fast answer and the wellcome ^^.

I already check on the applications folder, and there's no trace of anything old. I'll try to restore to the apple's ipsw and see what happens.

Anyways I had a doubt about iphone. The OS is in another partition for what i read, so my question is, is there any way to acces this partition? and the other question is, When restoring you also "format" that partition?

Thanks again in advance ^^

Thanks

Well, the OS is in a separate partition from your media. You can gain access to it through SSH - notice you have never found your music/videos while SSHing, this is due to the other partition.

Also, yeah when Itunes restores the phone it basically "formats" the whole thing. Thats why you loose everything until you re-sync.

I see, i thought I was in the other partition via SSH. That make sense why i couldn't find the music xD.

About the restore, I was thinking that, is obviously a "format", putting a common name, I also flashed the firmware for christ sake, why is still there?? That's why i was asking, i can't understand why wiping the whole thing the thing is still jumping at random times.

I put the original ipsw and nothing, the thing was there, reulocked and back to the same. Seriously, I don't know what to think, a virus? don't think so, It should be pretty complex to survive the process, is there's any way to survive the whole thing even in windows?? i don't think so either (not an expert tho)

Anyways, thanks for your time and your helping intentions. I'll keep messing around trying to find what the hell happens xD.

Thanks

Yeah thats really odd. If it was me (because a restore is about as much "damage" as you can do to fix something) I would bring it to Apple's attention - maybe get a new phone out of it.