+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.1 GPS Issues...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello to all! I recently updated to 2.1; I was hoping for a fix for all the bugs from 2.0.2. Of course I lost my Jailbreak, but I did gain
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question 2.1 GPS Issues...
    Hello to all! I recently updated to 2.1; I was hoping for a fix for all the bugs from 2.0.2. Of course I lost my Jailbreak, but I did gain a more stable iPhone. Everything works better than before except for one thing...
    My question for those of you who also updated to 2.1 is...

How is your GPS functionality after the update? The reason I ask is because after I did the update, I can't get it to locate me. It does locate me using the cell towers, however I don't get the exact location(blue tracking dot). Is anybody else experiencing this? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

mine is working o.o

Green Apple
    Thanks

maybe because you are inside your house? lol
    Please thank me if I helped you! ---------------------------------->

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_bay_mafia View Post
    maybe because you are inside your house? lol
    hahaha! Seriously, come on. Let me clarify...
    When I'm outside in the open with an unobstructed view of the sky it still cannot locate me. Any ideas? Should I just try to restore again and see what happens? I just wanted to know if anybody else is experiencing this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matt.superman's Avatar
    Thanks

I also have a problem but this has been happening since 2.0. When i am on edge and use gps it finds me no problem. then i switch to 3g and use the locate me feature and it does do the little blue dot but i get a huge circle that locates me in philly. i live in utah though so can anyone help me with this problem.
    You must submit to testing before I can assist you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J-Reezy View Post
    Hello to all! I recently updated to 2.1; I was hoping for a fix for all the bugs from 2.0.2. Of course I lost my Jailbreak, but I did gain a more stable iPhone. Everything works better than before except for one thing...

How is your GPS functionality after the update? The reason I ask is because after I did the update, I can't get it to locate me. It does locate me using the cell towers, however I don't get the exact location(blue tracking dot). Is anybody else experiencing this? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
    Give it some time. A few minutes.

Thanks

I find that the first time after a pwn that I try to have the GPS locate me it takes a very long time. I found by turning off wifi and being near a window or outside helps. What else seems to help is to open up an app that wants to locate you and have it do so. That sometimes appears not to work, but when you go back into maps it will miraculously work.

Another fix that sometimes works is to toggle Location Services off then on again.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

Mine is more precise than ever. I used it at the window of my apartment, and it found me within a few seconds.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J-Reezy View Post

did you try a hard reset (sleep/wake button and home) sometimes that works, but try to locate yourself using both edge and 3G , if your internet is acting up you wont get the blue dot, because the gps relies on 3g or edge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for all the tips guys. I've tried everything I can think of with no luck. I guess I'll try to do another dfu restore and see what happens.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm having the same problems. Mine doesn't even find me in the larger blue circle, it just refuses to locate me at all.

Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mawells787 View Post
    did you try a hard reset (sleep/wake button and home) sometimes that works, but try to locate yourself using both edge and 3G , if your internet is acting up you wont get the blue dot, because the gps relies on 3g or edge.
    i have this issue too, it wont blue dot me.

internet connection is fine. on a side note, on 2.0.2 my gps worked when i had no service, to clarify, i had it tracking me, drove into a no service zone, it wouldn't load the map but the blue dot kept moving along me route until it found service again.