Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 2G ver 2.1 no activated please help

Default Iphone 2G ver 2.1 no activated please help
    hi im on itunes 8 and my phone is 2g on 2.1 but now is not activated and it just shows the emergency only, but i cant restore cause itunes doesnt let me =( please help

put in dfu mode. restore to 2.0.2 jailbreak and unlock etc. then update to 2.1 works for me on tmobile.

i tried but i doesnt let me restore, it tells me error 1600, and if i downgrade itunes it tells me it cant use the iphone cause it cant find the software for it, to uninstall itunes and reinstall it, and ive done it 5 times already and nothing

you can restore to 2.0.2 in itunes. well i can just keep trying different 2.0 firmwares. try 2.0 then if that dosent work try 2.0.1 and so on. remember to be in dfu mode wehre the screen is black, not the restore logo

but remember im on itunes 8, and i already did put it in DFU mode, the black screen, but itunes doesnt let me

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iTunes 8 apparently has a problem restoring to custom firmware(confirmed issue), for now, repwn your phone using quickpwn (it doesn't rely on itunes for restoration)

I got caught in the same infinite loop. iTunes would not let me restore with any unlocked ipsw.
    Only QuickPwn 1.1 got me out.
    Just plug in phone in emergency mode with QuickPwn running. If it doesn't see your iphone try goin through the DFU steps.

If QuickPwn says it does not recognize your firmware on first try, re-restore 2.1 ipsw using iTunes 8 and then run QuickPwn 1.1.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by jetracer View Post
    put in dfu mode. restore to 2.0.2 jailbreak and unlock etc. then update to 2.1 works for me on tmobile.
    Hi! Did you restore 2.0.2 in normal method first and then jailbreak/unlock afterwards? How did you update to 2.1? Is your iPhone 2G or 3G?
    iPhone 2G 8gb - version 1.1.4 unlocked/jailbreak (iLiberty+)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 2.1 unlocked (Universal Sim V550) / jailbreak (QuickPwn)
    iPhone 3G 8gb - version 3.0 unlocked (Ultrasn0w) / jailbreak (Redsn0w)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^^^unlocking the phone that way works; however, you loose jailbreak/cydia. I'll be damned if I'm to loose final fantasy 4 advanced for my iPhone. I patiently await winpwn 3.0.

Default iphone 2g help
    Quote Originally Posted by jetracer View Post
    i just bought this iphone 2g and have t-mobile but i dont know how to unlock it or activate it. please help and show

Thanks

GUYS

the last winpwn worked for 2.0.2 firmware, so, download a custom 2.2 firmware, that does everything you need i.e. activate/jailbreak/custom logos etc etc.

then, with winpwn, create a custom 2.0.2 firmware. at the end of creating, say "no" for your phone being pwned before, and then follow instructions to get your phone into dfu mode. each time you upgrade itunes, you must run follow these steps to pwn itunes effectively.

when your phones in the dfu mode, restore to the downloaded 2.2 firmware and it should go through no problem.

this sounds like the problem here, sorry if im wrong ....

iTunes 8 has no problem restoring to any custom firmware. no itunes to date does.
    Last edited by reeko; 11-28-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker