+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems adding Music

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I've got a jailbroken 2G iphone with firmware 2.0.2 and all of a sudden I cannot seem to add any music to it. I have iTunes setup to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problems adding Music
    Hi all,
    I've got a jailbroken 2G iphone with firmware 2.0.2 and all of a sudden I cannot seem to add any music to it. I have iTunes setup to manually add music and previously I was able to add some music by drag and dropping a playlist . However, now when I drag and drop a playlist to the iPhone section in iTunes, itunes and the phone identify that its syncing for a second or two and then it stops. The playlist shows up in the iPhone , but no songs are in it...If I try adding the songs themselves, I get a + sign with the number of songs when a drag them to the iPhone section, but again, but nothing gets added. I am, however, able to add ringtones...I'm totally stumped. I haven't changed anything recently, but I tried restoring to my last backup, but that didn't work either. Does anyone have any ideas?
    This also brings up the point that I completely DESPISE iTunes. Are there any alternatives to iTunes to add/remove music?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

did you deauthorize itunes by chance?

reboot the computer...and try again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope, this computer is authorized...Tried rebooting and I'm getting the same thing

OK, I've tried multiple usb ports, I even disabled all 3rd party services using msconfig and rebooted and I'm still having the same problem. Seriously, iTunes is enough to make me want to get rid of my iPhone. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by Gix0r; 09-12-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost