Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turn off keypad dial tones?

Default Turn off keypad dial tones?
    Hi folks,

I'm surprised I haven't found this on other forums, but can anyone tell me if there is a mod for turning keypad dialer tones off? I know you can just turn off all sounds on using the switch on the left side, but I really want to utilize ringtones, etc. All I want is to turn off the dial tones. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Ben

Thanks

Nope, same as the Camera sound. You would need to create silent .caf sounds and replace the existing .caf's
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

I found the strings in ifile for this. It's driving me crazy. exact issue and I will try my hardest to find it again. I was not interested in disabling the sound before but I, I juat have to find the rite file. I will post back as soon as I find it, but it might take a while.lol. All it was was seperate files that contained each unique sound of each key pressed on the dial pad. I found it once I can find it again.................Hopefully

Okay I figured it out. I cant beleive I found the files within 5 minutes of posting.lol.

But any way this is what you do to silince the dial pad when dialing a number. SSH or use iFile to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds

In this folder you will find "dtmf-0 to dtmf-9" and the "dtmf-pound and dtmf-star". You simply delete thses files, reboot And you dial pad is now silent. Pretty easy.................Thank god.lol
    Last edited by Z!G; 10-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    {~~iPhone-4 (CDMA)~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3~~}

{~~iPod Touch-4G~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3}

And yes, My jailbreak is sooooooooooooooooooo smooth and flawless. Well, almost flawless

Default In English?
    Someone wrote about how to disable the annoying beeping that comes when you press the numbers to make a call, but I have no idea how to actually do it. It sounds wonderful, but can you explain it step by step? Here's part of the post. What are SSH and iFile and how do I find them?

"But any way this is what you do to silince the dial pad when dialing a number. SSH or use iFile to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds

In this folder you will find "dtmf-0 to dtmf-9" and the "dtmf-pound and dtmf-star". You simply delete thses files, reboot And you dial pad is now silent. Pretty easy.................Thank god.lol"

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stonesoup View Post
    Someone wrote about how to disable the annoying beeping that comes when you press the numbers to make a call, but I have no idea how to actually do it. It sounds wonderful, but can you explain it step by step? Here's part of the post. What are SSH and iFile and how do I find them?

"But any way this is what you do to silince the dial pad when dialing a number. SSH or use iFile to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds

In this folder you will find "dtmf-0 to dtmf-9" and the "dtmf-pound and dtmf-star". You simply delete thses files, reboot And you dial pad is now silent. Pretty easy.................Thank god.lol"

Thanks!
    That works but what I do Is tap on the blue arrow and turn "dtmf-0.caf" to "dtmf-0.ca" and it just changes the file do its not recognized as a sound. That way you can go back and just as add the "f" at the end making it a .caf file again. Invade you want the sound back. Which I never do but just in case I guess.

It very easy. iFile is an Application in Cydia. Download it. I recommend you pay for it for support from the dev. He's a cool guy and willing to help. Once that is downloaded open it up and tap the top left corner of the screen till there are no more buttons to tap on. Then navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds. The dtmf.caf files are located there.
    Last edited by ZĄG; 12-06-2011 at 09:12 AM.

well OK thanks! Now I'm going to go look for Cydia.......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Or just install iSmart Dailer, gives you the option to turn keypad tones off, or even an option to vibrate on keypad press too. Plus many many other cool things.

iSmart Dialer - Features
    Last edited by solidstan; 01-18-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solidstan View Post
    Or just install iSmart Dailer, gives you the option to turn keypad tones off, or even an option to vibrate on keypad press too. Plus many many other cool things.

iSmart Dialer - Features
    I tries iSmart Dialer and I was about to buy it...................Til I tried KuaiDial. Then I just couldn't see the logic in paying for sumthin' that basically sucks compared to a free tweak. This Chinese guy has his own repo for it.

All that's in the repo is 2 tweaks:
    KuaiDial & KuaiDial biteSMS plugin.

KuaiDial is awesom but you won't find any guide in English. Just gotta figure it out. I did for what I wanted in my phone app.

The repo is:
    kuaidial.googlecode.com/svn/deb/