Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tips on removing the back panel if iphone

Default Tips on removing the back panel if iphone
    My iphones front glass screen broke. So I ordered a new one from the ebay. I need to dessamble the iphone and install the new glass. However I cant seem to remove the back panel. One side ( the side with volume control button) takes apart really easy. I just have to pry the side with my iphone opening kits plastic thing.. The other side does pry up. I tried for like 2 hous with the iphone opening kit.. I even tried to pry with a flathead screwdriver but nothing works.. I even bent the side a little.. That side seems to be stuck with something.. In the youtube videos it seems so easy.. Can anyone give me any tips on removing the back panel??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Sounds like you didn't remove your SIM card.

......and if you didn't spend the $175 to order the entire lcd/digitizer/face you're gonna be pissed when you see that the $15 faceplate is a scam and can't be installed.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingroach View Post
    My iphones front glass screen broke. So I ordered a new one from the ebay. I need to dessamble the iphone and install the new glass. However I cant seem to remove the back panel. One side ( the side with volume control button) takes apart really easy. I just have to pry the side with my iphone opening kits plastic thing.. The other side does pry up. I tried for like 2 hous with the iphone opening kit.. I even tried to pry with a flathead screwdriver but nothing works.. I even bent the side a little.. That side seems to be stuck with something.. In the youtube videos it seems so easy.. Can anyone give me any tips on removing the back panel??
    Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Sounds like you didn't remove your SIM card.

......and if you didn't spend the $175 to order the entire lcd/digitizer/face you're gonna be pissed when you see that the $15 faceplate is a scam and can't be installed.
    thats what happened to me...i bought the glass and a new case from ebay and saw the youtube video and took it apart and found that the glass and digitizer is one piece ....so when i was playing around with it i ended up breaking the digitizer and the touch screen was nonresponsive.....so the phone was junk....but it would still power on ..

so i called apple and they sent me a replacement 1st gen 8gig iphone for $200 and they listed the replacment as accidental damage....when i called them i just told them the truth ..i took my iphone apart to try and replace the broken glass and i ended up breaking the whole phone ...and they sent an empty box to me and told me to just put all the parts in the box and they sent me the new one after the got my broken one....i did a restore to the phone before i sent it out....i thought it was a pretty good deal to get a 1st gen for $200 considering what people are selling them for on the net....they also said i could go to an apple store for the replacement i just ahd to call and make sure that they had one there before i went and to make an appt...i called the store closest to me and they had one but it was an hour drive and it was just as fast to have apple send me one in the mail....this happened about 2-3 weeks ago

Could be an option for you ....it worked out good for me..if i knew it before i tried to fix it i might have just done it first..
    They offered to sell me a new 3G but i told them i didnt want it because i dont use the internet that much and if i do im connected to a wifi... so i dont need to spend an extra $10 a month for sometning i dont need and i personally like the 1st gen iphone better....
    Last edited by Ice9812; 09-10-2008 at 10:55 AM.
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button