Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Aah... Irony

Default Aah... Irony
    hi guys,

Ain't life a blast? After spending two weeks pondering over the virtues of JB my Japanese 3G, iTunes bricked it for me while installing a minor app freshly downloaded from the app store... Hurrah.

iTunes (7.7) froze during sync, so I had to kill it through task manager. I wonder if I should have cancelled the syncfrom the iPhone or not.
    The next morning, my fully charged iphone running 2.01 started "stratching" the music before crashing down.

I spent a one hour train ride trying to reboot it but only got the boot logo forever. As I walked by a SoftBank shop, the Japanese distributor, and ask them if they could try and do something about it as I was on the move. They kept if for 2 hours, tried to restore it, with an attitude, for two hours but gave up and handed a new one over.
    Spent the night restoring it, lost some data such as the access to my photoshare account, and damn iTunes made me update to how-so-lame 2.02 as gravy...

Why worry about bricking when apple does it for ya?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

your phone was not bricked. it still turned on but due to the abrupt end to a syncing process, there's probably a process/application that got stuck while trying to boot. it was most likely still restorable, in DFU mode, but perhaps the people you brought it to just didn't have proper training

ouch, that hurt! You're probably right but I doubt Apple employees have it either... I guess getting rid of a few scratches cost me a night up restoring. So "bricked" refers to a device completely dead I guess?
    I wonder how many time they'll be "kind enough" to replace it... Here goes my battery refill...