+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Multiple calendars

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, this is my first post but i have been searhcing and reading heaps - its a great community here, about my only complaint is that there are some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Multiple calendars
    Hi all, this is my first post but i have been searhcing and reading heaps - its a great community here, about my only complaint is that there are some many sub-forums that its hard to pick the right one so i hope this one will be good enough!

I have just recently purchased a new iPhone 3g and if you reckon i think its awesome you'd be sadly mistaken... This thing ROCKS!!!

Now the problem is i bought 3 of them (no im not impulsive, read on!) for myself and each one of the guys who works for me. What i want to do is have a "master" calendar in mine and send each one of the others only their appointments. i.e. i can see all appointments but they can only see theirs. Now we already do this in Google calendar at the moment and it works really well but of course i cant update it and they see it straight away. They have to go to a computer, print it out, waste time etc.

So what i was wanting was a "push" calendar i guess. I am happy to change to MobileMe if that helps. I am already using it for email and calendar sort of. I havent owrked out how to push the others their appointments yet.

My main justification for purchasing this and getting it through Congress (MrsGurio) was that it would save me time and i wouldnt have to be on the computer so much at night... Please let me not be a liar!

Even if i cant have the "master" calendar just the ability to seamlessly and easily push the appointments to the other iPhones would be good enough.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

NuevaSync - Over the Air Synchronization

Push google calendar to phone. Setup once and done.

Otherwise you can use nemussync from cydia, but you have to manually sync anytime you want to check for updates (both cool)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defmute View Post
    NuevaSync - Over the Air Synchronization

Push google calendar to phone. Setup once and done.

Otherwise you can use nemussync from cydia, but you have to manually sync anytime you want to check for updates (both cool)
    If this works... I will be forever indebeted to you guys.. Does this push it to the calendar on the iPhone or just to google?

What can i do about emails? What i also wanted was the ability for changes - i.e. the email being read, deleted, moved - to be reflected on my computer copy of Outlook 2007. It isnt an exchange only a standalone version. Once again, if i need to upgrade to allow this i will...

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Also, you can use MobileMe, however it would "push" all calendars within MobileMe to each iphone. Each person would also have the ability to "edit" these calendars. Which, in your situation might not be good, unless you trust them , which I guess you do since you bought them Iphones...hahaha.

You would just add your MobileMe account to each phone and choose to sync calendars.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

thegurio (09-07-2008)

Thanks

This works both ways.

Add something to GoogleCal and it pushes to the phone.
    Add/change something on phone and it pushes to Googlecal.

nuevasync doesn't not currently work for email.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to defmute For This Useful Post:

thegurio (09-07-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, i do trust them but i only want them to see what they need to do, not what i or any others are doing. But i want to be able to see what theyre doing. So therefore MobilMe is out of the question.

The Nueva sync works well but wont show different calendars as different. It will show all three as one which is mine. Not really and issue but all that means is that i cant assign a appointment to the calendar. I can only put it in and then through the proper GoogleCal assign it to the actual person. I did want to try and do away with the double handing but this is getting very close...

Thanks

nemussync can do multiple calendars.

Neuvasync is planning on doing that on a later release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, well the good news is that Nuevasync works. The bad news is that they can see my stuff as well as theirs and this is not the wanted outcome...

Does anyone have any idea? When they login to their own GC they can only see their stuff. But when they login via the iPhone calendar synced with their GC they can see my stuff too...

Would using nemussync solve this issue? Can you use it on an unjailbroken iPhone? (I just got mine and i don't want to do anything like that just yet...)