+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie Chick to Installer...Unable to Decode anything

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I just got the iphone yesterday, decoded it with pwnage, and I have AT&T. Everything works fine, even cydia, except for installer. Everytime I want to install a package/app,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Newbie Chick to Installer...Unable to Decode anything
    Hi, I just got the iphone yesterday, decoded it with pwnage, and I have AT&T. Everything works fine, even cydia, except for installer. Everytime I want to install a package/app, it keeps telling me it's unable to decode the package and gives me a url. What's going on? Cydia doesn't have enough games/apps like installer does.. but then nothing on installer works!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i tried downloading the rom emulators, but the ones that didnt work on the new firmware wouldnt download, thats the only thing i can think of that would be causing that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aminalcwakerz View Post
    Hi, I just got the iphone yesterday, decoded it with pwnage, and I have AT&T. Everything works fine, even cydia, except for installer. Everytime I want to install a package/app, it keeps telling me it's unable to decode the package and gives me a url. What's going on? Cydia doesn't have enough games/apps like installer does.. but then nothing on installer works!
    Just stop using Installer. It's extremely buggy and Cydia is proving to be the superior choice for 2.0.

You can find almost everything on Installer in Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There only seem to be about 5 games for cydia. Is that just me? Are there any other sources for cydia beside the ones already installed by pwnage?