Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Won't automatically connect to wifi

Default Won't automatically connect to wifi
    So starting just a couple days ago, my iPhone stopped automatically connecting to my home network. It connected just fine before, and my iPod touch connected fine. I've restored, re-pwned, and re-jailbroke it, but still, no luck. I've also restarted my router.

The weird thing is, say if I'm unconnected and I go to safari, a dialog box pops up asking for my password, I enter it, and it says incorrect password. I try and try again, and I know I'm entering it right. But if I go to settings and connect, then it works.

Any ideas?

Go to settings with WiFi set to On...Select your WiFI and tap on the Blue Arrow.

Under 'DHCP" you can change the DNS Servers.
    Under "Static" you can edit all the information manually.

Option 1

Try OpenDNS

Set your DNS to: 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220

Option 2

Under Static Tab:

IP Address: 192.168.1.150
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Router: 192.168.1.1
    DNS: 192.168.1.1

So try this. It might be good to go to settings/General/Reset/Resetnetworksetting and do the reset.

Chris
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

Ughhh. I thought I had it, but when I toggled the wifi off and back on, it didn't connect. I tried both those methods, and again restarted my router. Still nothing.

I'm having the same problem. It stopped connecting on secured wi-fi networks, like my house and friend's home. Does connect on unsecured public wifi spots. I've tried resetting everything. I also restored it back to original, but no luck. Jailbroke it with spirit, still not working. This is getting frustrating.