+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumored 2.1 Firmware Release Date Tue 9/9

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
It is rumored that Apple will release iPhone 2.1 firmware with some new hidden features on September 9th I just hope that the new software addresses the issue of signal
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exclamation Rumored 2.1 Firmware Release Date Tue 9/9
    It is rumored that Apple will release iPhone 2.1 firmware with some new hidden features on September 9th

I just hope that the new software addresses the issue of signal strength. My 2G phone came with 2.0 and I have read so many comments stating that when people "upgraded" from 1.x that signal strength was effected. I hope this update is not all about the 3G users as there are still ALOT of us who have and will keep their 2G phones for some time to come!

Thanks

lol wats ur source?
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Thanks

i read about this is also. either engadget or gizmodo talked about it earlier.

ohh and that signal problem is only the 3g users. their phones were sucking up too much power from the towers. didn't affect us 2g users
    Last edited by questioncom; 09-07-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questioncom View Post
    i read about this is also. either engadget or gizmodo talked about it earlier.

ohh and that signal problem is only the 3g users. their phones were sucking up too much power from the towers. didn't affect us 2g users
    I am a 2G owner and signal strength is a REAL PROBLEM for me indoors. Never had a problem with any handset in the last 6 years.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

^^^ I had this problem, but updating my baseband took care of it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sr852 View Post
    I am a 2G owner and signal strength is a REAL PROBLEM for me indoors. Never had a problem with any handset in the last 6 years.
    I had the exact same problem-- Upgrading to T-MOBILE REALLY took care of that!!! No issues at all... (in case you were wondering-- I just went with what JD Powers and Consumer Reports recommended) Best thing I ever did!!

Thanks

when upgrading my 2g to 2.0.2 i noticed that my signal was consistently weaker according to my bars. in my house the signal was much weaker than it had been in the past. phone convos have been fine though, so not too worried.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    Just a side note, I am on T-mobile. How did you update your baseband?

Thanks

If this rumor is true, would those of us on unlocked/jailbroken iphones just update via Itunes, then quickpwn it to unjailbreak?

Thanks

yeah, I have T-Mobile too... how did you update your baseband?

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    How did you update your baseband? thanks in adavance
    Last edited by elcaptain0069; 09-08-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    sometime changing sim card will work...
    used to have signal fluctuating issues but
    after changing sim card its little better than before or
    i'm just thinking it got better...

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Dammit. Just about time I find myself happy with my current springboard arrangement/theme, installed apps, a new firmware comes out.

Bittersweet I guess if it introduces new features. I'd still like my not-so-frequently-as-before lagging text keyboard entry fixed too.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    Dammit. Just about time I find myself happy with my current springboard arrangement/theme, installed apps, a new firmware comes out.

Bittersweet I guess if it introduces new features. I'd still like my not-so-frequently-as-before lagging text keyboard entry fixed too.
    I know what you mean, but hopefully, this update is REALLY worth it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i am happy with 2.0.2
    unless it has new stuff updated...i won't change it...

Thanks

thats the thing, the rumors are that it might finally have cut/paste. That's big for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bouzo's Avatar
    Thanks

....and more enhancements to the GPS, such as turn-by-turn navigation. Hopefully speech too! Question is, how quickly can it be jailbroken!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

For those of you asking about updating baseband, it is only a slight chance that you are running on 3.9 instead of 4.6, but if you are running 3.9 this is my story, taken from a correspondance with another thread member:

I too have t-mobile. Okay, so when I first pwned my phone, I had to input both baseband 3.9 and 4.6 bins. (I used winpwn 2.xx whatever was current with 2.0). This is before winpwn gave you the option to automatically delete bootneuter. So, after experiencing exceptionally bad service , I read around and saw some people saying that they updated their baseband from 3.9 to 4.6 and that fixed their reception problems. This is where I got confused. As it turned out though, after checking with my bootneuter, It proclaimed that the 4.6 was available, but it was running off of 3.9. So I tried flashing my baseband and updating it to 4.6. LOL, funny story, my auto lock turned on durring the process and shut bootneuter down! I then experienced the pleasures of the 1604 error. So I repwned, and flashed it approprately (TURN AUTO LOCK TO "NEVER" FOR THIS PROCESS). All that aside, I suggest that you repwn your phone (back it up first), and make bootneuter update your baseband to 4.6. Also, I highly suggest you delete bootneuter after you flash your baseband. Apparently people have done even more dumb things with it than I did! Good luck to you sir. Hit me back if you need more info; or even if you were already running 4.6, call me a deuche and stop me from saying dumb things in posts!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista