Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Volume reseting by itself?

Default Volume reseting by itself?
    Anyone notice with their iPhone 3G that the volume keeps resetting itself to the middle? I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyone have ideas or a solution?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Curious myself, as my phone has been doing this too, hrmmmm.

My 1st-Gen 8GB does this, along with resetting the ringtone I have set back to the default.

my 1st gen will go all the way down to silent almost and im running 2.0.2 pwnd
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

damn, my winpwn 3G phone does this all the time.

If you search, there are multiple posts on this topic, but no one ever seems to come up with why. Its all just my phone does this, oh mine too, mine too.

I wish someone who was good with iphone programming would figure this out it pisses me off so much!!!!!!

I personally think that there is a volume check and for some reason, our phones fail that check sometimes, so it turns the volume down like a safety mode thing.
    Last edited by mike1114; 09-09-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I downloaded some app from Cydia that sets all the volumes to their maximum settings. That seemed to have fixed the error for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadicatedartist View Post
    I downloaded some app from Cydia that sets all the volumes to their maximum settings. That seemed to have fixed the error for me.
    Volume boost from iclarified's repo is what I installed & the volume will stick, had same problem as above posters also.

not true, I've had that volume boost since the day it came out on cydia, my volume still resets iteself.

I just checked my phone cause I was thinking about it, guess what, the volume had reset itself!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!