Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backup Restore

Default Backup Restore
    My iphone is missing system sounds and phone sounds. I tried restoring them from my backup theme from customize but there is still no sound. Which is weird since whenever I lost sound all I had to do was just restore it from customize and it'll be restored when I applied the theme. Doesn't work anymore. So I was thinking of doing a backup restore to when my system/phone sounds still worked.

This would be my first time doing a backup restore. So if I do a backup restore will my unlocked iphone become locked again. Will I lose any data like contacts, apps or files. I'm using another carrier SIM card (T-mobile) so should I remove the SIM card before I start the backup or will it be all right if I leave it in.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default how to fix your problem
    plug the ear phones in and out while it is on. there is a bug in the firmware which sometimes does not play some system sounds. Just plug in and listen to your music and then uplug it. this will most likely fix it. give me a thanks if it works for you! Hope this helps.

Nah that didn't work. I can hear my music and all that from the speaker and headphones but all the system and phone sounds are still off. Thanks for the help though.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds stupid but try turning it off or playing you ringtone from settings
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

My ringtones work. The stuff that doesn't work are my lock/unlock sounds, number/keyboard beeps, and photo click.