+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge on my iphone??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok, before i got my iphone i had a prepaid sidekick. i had the unlimited data plan. i now have a prepaid tmobile iphone 2g with the 1.1.4 firmware and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Edge on my iphone??
    ok, before i got my iphone i had a prepaid sidekick. i had the unlimited data plan. i now have a prepaid tmobile iphone 2g with the 1.1.4 firmware and i cannot get onto the internet without a wifi connection.

anyone kno how to get me on the internet without wifi??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

very few people had reported success of connecting to the internet with a sidekick plan. i believe you need either a blackberry plan or the total internet plan to connect to edge. not sure how well the tzone hack is working with 1.1.4. never used it myself

Thanks

I have used the tzones hack no problem at all, but jtesnani is right the sidekick plan doesn't work with the iPhone that well. There are two data plans for the iPhone, tzones for 5.99 or tmobile total internet for 19.99. If you go the tzones way you need the hack and make sure the APN is wap.voicestream.com leave other fields blank, if you go the tmobile total internet way the APN is internet2.voicestream.com (I had connection problems with this and I have called tmobile tech and they have had me put in APN as internet3.voicestream.com and it works alot better!) leave the other fields blank. I found that the tzones hack works great but is slow, the total internet is 2x faster but 4x the amount of money.