Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I know nothing, need basic help. PLEASE

Red face I know nothing, need basic help. PLEASE
    Hi, ok so heres whats going on. My mother gave me her 1st gen, 4g iphone because she upgraded to the 3g. I got it unlocked and use it with t-mobile now. All i want to do is have all the fun cool stuff on my phone, like the snake game and i dont understand how to do this. I understand i need an installer? But i dont know what that is, or how to get it on my phone. Pretty much im a dummy and dont understand please help.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

What method did you use to unlock it? you should have everything you need by just unlocking it. use winpwn, that should help you install either Installer or Cydia (I recommend Cydia). which is basically like an opensource appstore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

AriMattera (09-05-2008)

I dont know, i didnt unlock it myself. i paid a store to do it cause i didnt want to mess around with it and break it =/. My boyfriend tried unlocking it himself but didnt work so. Should i still try cydia? I have software verson 2.0.1 if that helps? I'm sorry i just have no knowledge of this stuff.

Thanks

You are going to need to use something like Winpwn in order to get Cydia onto your ohone if it is not on there already. it is really easy to use... takes you througha step by step process. The thing that will probably anger you is that the unlock is just about as easy as adding cydida/other apps. Hopefully you didn't spend alot of money on unlocking it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

AriMattera (09-05-2008)

It wont re-lock my phone or anything if i mess up? Im just nervous to mess it up. But thank you so much for your help i really appreciate it.

Thanks

No, it is actually going to re-unlock the phone. Shouldn;t be a problem. It will take like 5 minutes. If you need any more help just pm me or leave another message on the post.