+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Standing in line on Friday

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So, there are no Apple stores in my area and only 2 ATT stores. I have read the rumors that each store will have 300, and then that stores will
    Thanks
    Default Standing in line on Friday
    So, there are no Apple stores in my area and only 2 ATT stores. I have read the rumors that each store will have 300, and then that stores will receive quantity by location. The latter sounds realistic.

What are peoples thoughts/opinions on how crowds are going to be this Friday? What time will some of you start waiting in line?

My thoughts are:
    Not everyone loves Apple
    Not everyone as ATT
    Not everyone has $600
    Not everyone wants it

I think I will arrive around 3pm and wit. I'm hoping that's enough time. I could try to get there earlier if necessary.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

I will be their at 8am.

If you don't have 600$, then don't buy an iPhone

If you don't like Apple, then go buy a windows mobile peice of junk.

If you don't want it, then good for everyone else who wants one. More quantity.

And if you don't have ATT, then you don't like to spend money on top quality service anyway.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am in the same boat as mergedown, I just don't have time to wait all day, I think I will go to the AT&T store right down the road when I get out of work a little after 4 and see if there is a huge line, if not I will wait till 6. If there is I will go home and go to apple.com right at 6:00 and order there. I can wait till monday to get the unit. Although i would rather get it Friday. We will see.

Oh and I need more cowbells. Should see if I can get a cowbell ringtone for the new unit.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Ha nice on the cowbells. I kinda hear what mergedown is saying, but on the other hand you have to realize that every person in your area who loves Apple, has ATT, has $600, and wants an iPhone, WILL be there waiting.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is it 600 w/ or W/O Contract?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

With. There is currently no plans for subsidization of the iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Does anyone know for sure if I would be able to order from Apple.com at 6:00 and get it shipped out. I hear that the ATT.com or ATT over the phone will not be able to process orders for 30 days. If I know I can order from Apple and get it all done that is fine with me. I can wait till Monday or Tuesday to get it, I have waited this long.

Thanks
    I agree with JedixJarf, and that was my point. I'm wondering how many of those folks will exist in my area. I just switched to ATT&T only because of the iPhone. I REALLY want one. I don't care if I get it Friday in line, or online and get it the next week. I just want to make sure I get one soon.

Dreading this whole waiting in line thing. I did the same for the Guitar Hero II on the 360, waited 2 hours and there wasn't even a line. I'm hoping for the same, but I know it won't be the case.

Thanks

Well, I'm betting there are enough Apple/ATT lovers in my ton that the ATT will be packed. I remember camping out over night for the Nintendo Wii when that launched, and there were hundereds of people at all the vide game stores waiting for that moment. I wil not take any chances with iPhone.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jforget1 View Post
    Oh and I need more cowbells. Should see if I can get a cowbell ringtone for the new unit.
    I gotta fevah, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

Walken is da man!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jforget1 View Post
    Does anyone know for sure if I would be able to order from Apple.com at 6:00 and get it shipped out. I hear that the ATT.com or ATT over the phone will not be able to process orders for 30 days. If I know I can order from Apple and get it all done that is fine with me. I can wait till Monday or Tuesday to get it, I have waited this long.
    If you order from Apple.com after 6 PM Pacific time, your phone will be shipped out on Monday 7/2. You're looking at getting the phone Thursday 7/5 due to the holiday.
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I still think the plan is to stop at the local AT&T right after work, see what the line looks like and make a judgement call at that point, if it is already too long, come home and order it online.

You mentioned that if the order is done after 6 pacific time that it will ship on Monday. I am in RI so I can order right at 6 EDT. I wonder if it can ship same day, might be out of CA.

Thanks

I personally thought that Apple will ship on Saturdays too.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well hopefully I can get one at AT&T and this is not an issue, if not I will have to exercise a wee bit of patience, not going to be easy.

Thanks

There's no Apple Store close to me... so I've devised a plan.

I'm coming into work between 7-8am on Friday. I'm going to call the mall store when it opens and ask if a line has formed. If so, I'm tossing a sandwich together in our little kitchen at work and speeding right over, taking the day off. If not, I'm going to call every half hour or so for the status, and leave whenever people start lining up. My bosses all want to play with an iPhone themselves, so they're doing anything they can to get me in line in time. If there's still no line by around 3:30-4, I'll leave, get paid a full workday, and start the line myself.

God I hope they answer their phones. No way am I waiting til next week to get this thing.

Thanks

Wow, what a plan.

My plan is to have my fiance wait outside the ATT store until noon time so I get a half day of work in then just wait patiently till 6 PM. (ha, patiently? yeah right.)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am leaving work at 4pm then walking over to the ATT store down the street. If the line is insane I'll just go back to work and order it online. You can order it online at 6PM PACIFIC time, so thats 8pm CST for me....

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Your Apple store will be closed from 2-6.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I'm at the Apple store now, posting from my Moto Maxx. Its no iPhone when it comes to web browsing, and i'm now REALLY looking forward to my iPhone. At 7 am, Apple employees came out and handed out water, and at 730 they are bringing us all Starbucks. thanks, Steve. i'll have pictures when they let us in and I get some wifi... check back here for progress! I'm number 23 in line, and I got here at 6...

Thanks
    This reminds me of a videogame console launch...People would be in line EARLY...Well as early as they can start forming it.