Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accessing files to add nes games

Default Accessing files to add nes games
    How do i access the folder to put in my NES games?
    I've watched loads of youtube videos and i've managed to get games from The Old Computer Dot Com |Roms|Emulators|Nes|Snes|Nintendo but now i'm not sure how to get to the folder to put them in on my iphone 3G.. i've seen people using a programme called Cyberduck but that's for macs? Are there any ways of doing it on XP?

Also, you name the folder 'ROMs' right? And do you add all the files directly to that folder or do you make another folder inside ROMs?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you can get winnscp for windows here: SourceForge.net: Downloading ...

and then use this video its very helpful
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPxcs4LPwLs&feature=related]YouTube - Iphone/Ipod touch NES roms using WinSCP[/ame]

Ive got WINSCP but i need to login to be able to load it up and don't know the details, i need the following
    -host name
    -port no.
    -user name
    -password
    -private key file :S

confused to death

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plLNA9nSnSQ]YouTube - How to Download NES ROMs to your iPhone or iPod Touch +2.0[/ame]

this video seems very helpful, i just cant seem to login.. i think it's because my wifi keeps disconnecting grrrr
    Last edited by kyle_d; 09-06-2008 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Go to general (on your iphone)/ wireless/ the blue button next to your wireless network and that should tell you your ip address.

Host name: your ip
    User name: root
    Password: alpine

Leave all other search fields alone! Also, turn your autolock off, it will interrupt your data transfer and make winscp drop the connection.

cheers ive got the ip address and done that with the settings, does the iphone have to be connected to the computer or not?

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

yes the iphone needs to be connected to the pc
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not physically connected. You need to download openssh from cydia. That will allow you to wirelessly access your phone.

okay i have done everything you all said, and i got my mates wifi password that lives over the road.. but it still won't login i think it's because my wifi connection isn't constant so i think i'm gonna have to do it in his house. i don't have wifi at my house.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kyle_d View Post
    okay i have done everything you all said, and i got my mates wifi password that lives over the road.. but it still won't login i think it's because my wifi connection isn't constant so i think i'm gonna have to do it in his house. i don't have wifi at my house.
    Kyle

Your phone has to be connected to a WIFI environment. If it is, then go to setting, wifi, etc... and get the IP address.. Usually something like 192.168.X.X

Afterwards you have to go to a computer on the SAME WIFI environment and log into the IPHONE using SSH...

Ip adress will be the one the IPHONE is displaying
    username is root
    password is alpine

Then navigate to VAR/Mobile/Media/Roms/NES and drop all of your *.nes files...

I notice you state you have your friends WIFI... well if you iphone is connected to your friends WIFI you will also need a computer connected to the same WIFI for this to work.
    Major credit to the Programmers.
    Your efforts makes the IPHONE that much better. Thank You! Without you, There is no Us!!

I believe in beta testing for free and paying for Smooth integrated, Compatible, and functioning Apps.

I've done it! It's eassyy, just i needed to be on my mates laptop in his house to be able to login.

I've done the NES and the GBA, so i've got both with games now Also, did my mates too.

thanks for the help.

Also, i got my games for the GBA from doperoms.com if anyones having trouble finding good ones.. doesnt work unless you add the .bin file.

For extra help go on GB Advance On IPHONE - Iphone NES | Iphone SNES | Iphone PSX -Ipod Roms and Games and Roms! GB ADVANCE which also has the .bin file you need to replace