+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mute switch says it mutes but doesn't!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I noticed this weekend that my mute switch does not appear to be muting my phone. When I switch it, I get the picture of the bell with
    iPhone? More like MyPhone djgunner's Avatar
    Thanks

Default mute switch says it mutes but doesn't!
    Hi all, I noticed this weekend that my mute switch does not appear to be muting my phone. When I switch it, I get the picture of the bell with a strike through it, but all phone sounds still work. ugh! this happened sometime after I downloaded/installed and used the infected mushroom sounds on my phone.. anyone else with that sound pack notice this happening?? Well, I really don't like to point fingers, but this is the only sound mod I have done on the phone.

this is a 2G iphone on 2.0.1 on a custom fw built with winpwn...

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

Restore =X that would be my call...

It Is What It Is...

iPhone? More like MyPhone djgunner's Avatar
    Thanks

wow - that's extreme.. I just got this phone dialed back in from the 2.0.1 migration.. I think I will live with it.

Just a note, it behaves exactly like Silent Switch Bypass has been installed, but it hasn't.. so I am thinking about installing that, then uninstalling it, and seeing if that triggers things back to normal.

edit: ok, well, I rebooted the phone with the switch in the "mute" position and now it works normally.. mute shows the bell with the strike and the phone vibrates for a sec.. it was not vibrating for a sec when switched to mute before.. hrm. well, I guess we can chalk this up to semi-normal iphone abnormality #738549287491234 :P
    Last edited by djgunner; 09-03-2008 at 05:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a similar problem but not that kind, my iphone is mute... it works and I can recive calls and it just works with the headphones, the speaker is not working since this morning.

Anyone know what could be?