+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0.1 or 2.0.2

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, I'm wondering what is at the time right now the most stable and best firmware, 2.0.1, or 2.0.2 for a 1st Gen iPhone . I know there is some
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 2.0.1 or 2.0.2
    Hi, I'm wondering what is at the time right now the most stable and best firmware, 2.0.1, or 2.0.2 for a 1st Gen iPhone.

I know there is some fixes for 3G for 2.0.2, but I am wondering which firmware is actually more stable or if 2.0.2 is just as stable as 2.0.1.

If someone could tell me which firmware is the best to jailbreak, I would appreciate it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have just gone from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 on a 1st gen iphone and im loving it, i have not experienced any problems at the moment so fingers crossed, used winpwn 2.5 and chose expert mode and followed the guide on iClarified and it worked perfectly, i will say though it has a fraction more lag on opening somethings like apps but it's hardley noticeable, it's your choice but im glad i updated from 1.1.4.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm. Well to be honest I have never used any firmware before. I bought a phone but I have not recieved it yet, and was just wondering what would be the best.

It seems 2.0.2 is the newest so it would probably be best to have the newest version. I guess I'll have to use Pwnage and find out.

Thanks

well just from what i know is the 2.0.2 update fixed bugs for the 3g phone. so it shouldnt matter much with regards to the first gen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Are there any apps that specifically require for instance 2.0.2 Firmware? Or does it work like 2.X.X Firmware, and as long as you're on 2.X.X Firmware, the app will work?

I'm just not quite sure how the app compatibility works.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

For the 1st gen. phone, 1.1.4. is the best but if you have to be on 2.X.X, I find 2.0.2 is the best so far.

Thanks

2.0.2's primary goal was to fix reception issues for certain iPhones. Any App that requires 2.0 firmware will run under 2.0, 2.01 or 2.02
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2.0.2 definetly. I upgraded from 1.1.3 to it with winpwn and BigBoss basic guide, and works like a charm. Im loving it. (I have a 2G phone).

Green Apple
    Thanks

Alright guys, 2.0.2 it is. I'm not sure if I'll need this BigBoss fix or anything, but I haven't read much about what that is, but I guess I'll have to find out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

r u still able to move the icons on 2.0