+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help sms and mail wont work

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I had my 3g unlock trough pawnage on the 2.0 firmware. A few days ago I did a 2.0.2 unlock and upgrade via pawnage and now my sms
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help sms and mail wont work
    Ok so I had my 3g unlock trough pawnage on the 2.0 firmware. A few days ago I did a 2.0.2 unlock and upgrade via pawnage and now my sms and mail don't work. I tried restoring the phone both jail broken and not and as long as i use one of my recent backups email and sms won't work. If i don't restore from back up it works fine. Please help. Is there another way to save your text messgs I can always restore my mail accounts but i need my text messgs.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Your backup has a corrupt file making your sms and mail corrupt as well. You might want to do a new restore.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can you SSH into the phone? If so, you can delete the contents of the Mail folder in mobile/library/Mail.

You'll have to search the forum for the SMS data directory but I can think of two possible choices: change the permissions of the SMS data directory to 777 or download the data file from your phone to your computer and use an SQL database viewer like SQLite Database Browser to save your data in an Excel database.

Hope this helps!