+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g vs Att Tilt

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I used to own a 2g iphone but sold it. I wanted to try out another phone and the one I chose was the HTC 8925 ATT tilt.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rodeeze's Avatar
    Thanks
    Default Iphone 3g vs Att Tilt
    Hi all, I used to own a 2g iphone but sold it. I wanted to try out another phone and the one I chose was the HTC 8925 ATT tilt. So far it seems like a cool phone but I hate the lag on it. I know the iphone is epic but I wanted to hear what some of you have to say. I might return back to apple.

On the other hand I think Y don't I just get a touch and keep my " business style phone" but i don't know.

What do you guys think!

Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

As long as you don't jam your phone up with a bunch of unstable aps, the iPhone is great. For me, I always carried my phone and my iPod around, my iphone eliminated that clutter. I enjoy the touch keyboard as well. Do what you will sir, but I say despite a few bumps here and there, the iPhone is a stand up piece of machinery!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the monthly plan like on the tilt. That might just be the dealbreaker I think, lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thats the thing, I have a family plan, so I bought the phone w/ upgrade for 240. I dont have any data plan, just txt message.

I can put the iphone skin on it but haha who we kidding.. its nothing like the iphone.

Thanks

When I bought my 2G back a year ago, the other phone I was considering was the TILT. I wanted a full keyboard mostly since i use my phone for email quite a bit when I'm not near my desktop or laptop. I looked at both phones back to back and while the TILT was nice, the iPhone was a no-brainer for me. I really liked the one-touch interface of the iPhone but the real deal-breaker for me was that on the TILT for unlimited internet I would have had to get the PDA plan which was $39.95 at the time vs $20 for the iPhone. Even now with the 3G at $30 its a better deal.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Thanks

haha.. I made the same decision to change to the tilt.. I had the 2g and wanted to try something different. I really liked the tilt at first but after a few weeks I got sick of having to search folders and screens for what I was looking for.. I now have the 3g iPhone and I'm very pleased. I too am on a family plan. Let's face it, if you have ever had an iPhone.. You will never be satisfied with a "normal" smartphone again.. lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

I too had to make the same decision: tilt vs iPhone

What made up my mind was the tilt is more of a running your own business type of phone, while the iphone is more of an entertainment phone. But now after having it for 2 months, I haven't even thought about changing to the tilt. I don't need to carry my iPod around anymore, bye bye windows mobile (I hated the lag too), and you get the full Internet instead of the crappy wap Internet.

What's going to make it worth it for you? Just look and see which one would be more functional and useful for you to use. I wouldn't have used the tilt hardly at all, but I use the iPhone for EVERYTHING, even typing this response!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brando087 View Post
    if you have ever had an iPhone.. You will never be satisfied with a "normal" smartphone again.. lol

Oh man! that is so true... ****! im gonna junk this thing right now!! lol
    Iphone 3g here I come baby!

Thank you all for helping me on my NO BRAINER! hahah jp