Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 1604 by recovery mode and DFU mode

Unhappy Error 1604 by recovery mode and DFU mode
    Hi guy,

I tried to upgrade my Iphone from firmware 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 last night. It locked up and gave me a 1604 error. I have tried to restore it many times on 3 different computers (an XP machine, a Vista machine and a Macbook) and keep getting the same 1604 error. My IPhone looks like it is restoring properly but then I get the error and the screen is locked showing the white apple and there is no moving circle . I try put my IPhone into DFU mode by first holding the power button and the home button until the screen goes blank. I then hold the home button until Itunes recognizes the IPhone. Itunes gives me the message that it has detected the IPhone in Recovery Mode and prompts me to restore it. I keep trying to restore to 2.0.1 By hitting the shift button and selecting the 2.0.1 firmware. In either case, I get the 1604 error. Even withe trying 2.0.2 firmware.

I have uninstalled Itunes, Apple Mobile Device, Quick Time and Apple Software Update programs and reinstalled but still get the 1604. I tried this on the Vista machine and the XP machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Coz I'm losing my grip

Please Help me,,,,,,

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

1)downgrade to iTunes 7.5

2) install non-custom 1.1.4 firmware.

3) upgrade to 2.0 (you might need to upgrade iTunes for this)

4) upgrade to whatever custom firmware you like.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

try that again..DFU mode...different usb port...just click restore itself...dont shift click restore...see if that will work.

Make sure that you have the "device support" folder in your user/library/itunes folder (obviously on mac). If its there and there is the following file in it : x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw, then remove it and pwn your device with the latest pwnage tool which can be found here: http://blog.iphone.org