+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: checking email manually

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi there, got i iphone 3g and got my email account set up with it and it always checks the email even when i dont wnt it to check it
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default checking email manually
    hi there, got i iphone 3g and got my email account set up with it and it always checks the email even when i dont wnt it to check it because the drains the iphone battery quicker and when you are txting or something it makes the iphone completly slow...annoying enough that i would throw it away....if it was a nokia would have done it by now
    so any1 knw how to change it to manual..im sure you could change it with the old firmwares
    thanks

Thanks

Go into settings and under Fetch New Data, toggle Push to "off" , then below make sure you check off "manually" under Fetch.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Go into settings and under Fetch New Data, toggle Push to "off" , then below make sure you check off "manually" under Fetch.
    what he said... :P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings