Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notes?

Default Notes?
    Has anyone seen anything to hint if the iPhone will store and sync notes? If so what app will it sync to?

On a side note... How do I get rid of the "I still use Windows" under my screen name? I hate windows!!!
    Last edited by iphoneguy; 06-24-2007 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

This little icon on the home screen makes me think it will.

Oh, and the title under your name is a User Rank Title. Its based on post count. Once you get to 30, you'll be a Green Apple.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 06-24-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Good point... I should open my eyes earlier in the morning...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Ha, no worries.

Heh, pwned.

I see that icon, poetic, but don't see any info anywhere on it's use or capabilities. I am a Palm user, and have hundreds of 'memos' on my Treo, and need something equivalent, preferably with some method of migrating that is not 're type everything', or cut and paste. I also do not see anything that looks like what it would synch to... Am hoping to head to a store when they come out (well, maybe not RIGHT away) to see if it will be what I need....

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I'm betting it either syncs with a new feature in iTunes or iCal. I'm guessing iTunes, since it is both PC and Mac. Perhaps it is the 2nd of the two new tabs in iTunes 7.3?

Hmmm.... Well I guess only time will tell, and I need to be a little more patient...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Can't do too much til Friday evening anyway...

Well, it's academic for me, as I will be on a plane when the grand moment arrives.... Guess I'll find out Saturday AM.

Not sure if anyone has found another answer to this question - so far I can't find anything in iTunes or otherwise on the Mac that will sync or bring up the 'Notes' that are taken on iPhone. I'm in the same boat - old Palm user... I probably have notes that have migrated over the years from the original US Robotics Pilot, the Palm Pilot, Palm, Handpring, Palm T3, and now someday to the iPhone I hope.

Help! And if I come across the answer I'll post back here.

Yeah, editwizard, there are a few things that I will need before I can move to an iPhone, and one of them is the ability to take notes/memos and sync them to my laptop.... Guess I'll have to wait til Apple 'enhances' it with the capabilities that are on the Treo. Nice device, but.....

wait, whats happening on friday evening? new itunes?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Ha, look at the date on that post. It was two days before the Friday the iPhone launched.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just had my iPhone serviced and used the loaner that they sent me. I about had a heart attack when I forgot to even think about my notes I had loaded in my real phone before I sent it off (account numbers, names etc). Damn.

They actually sent me a new phone back instead of repairing mine, and when I "restored/synced" my new phone, even the notes showed up in the new phone. Wall paper, contact pics, settings,,,,everything was exact! ! !

Most Impressive! (darth vader voice)