Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buying IPhone in small electronic store in NYC

Default Buying IPhone in small electronic store in NYC
    Hi there,

i am currently in New York and there are some stores that are selling the IPhone 2G 8GB for $399.
    Do you think this is a reasonable price? Or does it sound like there is something wrong with it? As even used IPhones 2G with 8GB are sold on ebay for more than $400.

Thanks for your answers!

Best regards,
    Karl

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

They are? I've been seeing 8GB's going for $350-$400 on eBay - make sure you can use it before you buy it to make sure it all works fine.

Ok, didn't look exactly on ebay. A new one just sold for $425 plus shipping.
    So do you think $399 could be ok? Then i would go there and see if i can test the phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's brand new - that's the price they went for before they were discontinued.

Thanks

yeah sounds about what you can expect to pay. But make sure it is legit. Test it out, ect.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

Went there again today. Either I misunderstood him the last time (and I don't think so) or he just talks ****. Now he says that it is $550. After a few minutes of talk he offered $499.
    $499 is also the cheapest offer I found in another store. Some are even talking about $900 oder $1000. Sometimes I wasn't far away from starting to laugh, but that could get dangerous in some of these stores...
    In my opinion $499 is way too much money... isn't it?

I would stay away from these kind of places. It's basically buyer beware. No warranty, overpriced & no support.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have more recently seen them for around $200 on ebay. I am thinking it is a bit overpriced myself. But if you do decide to grab the thing make sure you can return it within some amount of time.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I will have a look on ebay the next days. But it looks like I will have to pay approx. $350 - $400 for a used Iphone 2G 8GB there.