+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you use an ipod and iphone??

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 30gb ipod linked to the itunes on my computer and have everything in the itunes thats on the ipod. I just got a iphone and was wondering
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can you use an ipod and iphone??
    I have a 30gb ipod linked to the itunes on my computer and have everything in the itunes thats on the ipod. I just got a iphone and was wondering if i could use the same computer/itunes to transfer music and stuff to my iphone? Im not sure how to do this but if i cant then that means everyone who has an ipod and iphone has to have 2 computers? thanks guys and BRING ON THE SOFTWARE UNLOCK!! YAAA

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have my ipod and iphone on the same computer. i obviously have more music on my computer than what will fit on the iphone. i made a separate iphone playlist, so that is what syncs to my phone, and my library is syncing to the ipod. just look through the options and sort it out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yup, separate playlists work great, just tell iTunes which ones you're syncing to which devices, sync as many playlists as will fit.

Here we have two 20Gb iPods, three shuffles, and the iPhone. Once Mac to sync them all, one Mac to bind them...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teufel657 View Post
    I have my ipod and iphone on the same computer. i obviously have more music on my computer than what will fit on the iphone. i made a separate iphone playlist, so that is what syncs to my phone, and my library is syncing to the ipod. just look through the options and sort it out.
    yeah i did that too. I have seperate folders for my ipod, my wife's iPhone, my iPhone, and even my niece's iPod. And, like they said, I have no problems. Of course that would be a sweet marketing plan for apple since the imac's just released.