+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wishes should be Pennies

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Many of my friends have Sidekicks, and I'm always impressed by how much fun the games are. I've really tweaked out my iPhone with a custom Springboard (5 icons), NES,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wishes should be Pennies
    Many of my friends have Sidekicks, and I'm always impressed by how much fun the games are. I've really tweaked out my iPhone with a custom Springboard (5 icons), NES, LightsOff (I had this in hardware a million years ago!), and a shortcut to Field Test. My wish is that there were more, better games for the iPhone. The Duck Hunt web app is a step in the right direction. It's one of the only games I've seen to really consider how interacting with a screen is different than interacting with a controller. Like the Wii, playing on the iPhone should be different than playing on an XBox or even a PSP because the input methods are dramatically outside the normal environment. Why should I hit a button marked LEFT to spin a piece in Tetris when I can just twirl it with my fingers on the screen? How about an Arkanoid/Breakout type game where you keep your pointer finger on the bottom of the screen, sliding back and forth to manipulate the paddle (Hell-Lo)? Or a slot machine that you manually spin? I guess my point is that I'm disappointed with the fact that the best games on my phone are 10-25 years old and don't take advantage of the iPhone's cool screen/graphics.
    Best idea (copyright free/free)- A baseball game (fake teams?) shot from above. Hold the batter down with your left thumb and swing the bat with your pointer finger. Pitching could be done by selecting a pitch button and drawing in a box representing home plate/strike zone. Base rundowns could be really fun...
    Are there any games that take advantage of the screen at all yet?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

not really

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone's been out for two months...