+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird passcode lock thing happening....

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but after this talk about the iphone's security flaws, I thought i may as well see if it works for me
    Thanks

Question Weird passcode lock thing happening....
    I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but after this talk about the iphone's security flaws, I thought i may as well see if it works for me (up until now i haven't bothered using the pass-code lock). Anyway when i tried to enable it, it allowed me to set the passcode as it usually does the first time you set it. I set it to immediately, then locked it and unlocked it, and presto, NO PASSCODE? Now here is where it gets weirder. I went back into the settings and it was set to passcode lock OFF, so I went in and again and it again asked me to set a passcode, which to humor the phone I did once more. This time I thought I might try to change the passcode while i was in that menu screen and....get this.....it tells me that the passcode (that I just set) is incorrect, and then starts counting up the failed attempts....So I lock the phone and turn it back on again, and........NO PASSCODE....

My Phone seems to be UNABLE to set a passcode! Lucky up until now I haven't bothered to use it.

Anyone else experience this problem or am I the lucky first?

My phone is 3G and Jailbroken with Pwnage.

Any suggestions would be awesome thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The same thing here. Same phone. Also Jailbroken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

it's to do with passwords not being saved when jailbrake to 2.0,2. Search forum there's a way to fix it by changing permisions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do you have a link to the thread?