+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone battery does not charge fully and stuck!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I am having a serious problem with my iPhone battery charging issue. Last few days I noticed that the iPhone is not taking charge properly. The iPhone get charge
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone battery does not charge fully and stuck!
    Hi

I am having a serious problem with my iPhone battery charging issue. Last few days I noticed that the iPhone is not taking charge properly. The iPhone get charge some percentage then the top right side charge indicator shows it's full and it happen both
    in wall charger and USB with laptop.

I also found that if I turn off the phone and put it on the wall charger then it get charge fully but I am sure this is not the right way as during charging time I can't get any phone call.

I am not sure if anybody got some kind of problem. Note that it was unlocked by ziphone on 1.1.4 and now I DFU restore to 2.0.1 + 2.0.2 for several time but always the same issue.

Can anybody help me in this regards ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone battery does not charge fully and stuck!-iphone-battery-charging-problem.jpg  
    Boil your iPhone 2G in 110 degree temperature water to transform it to iPhone 3G S!!

Thanks

First thing I would check is if you messed in any way with the battery pictures. Cuz it might be that the iphone is being charged but the correct images are not being displayed.

Secondly, when did you first experienced this problem? After an upgrade? And which upgrade?

Thirdly, I would try and drain my battery completely, re-charge and see what happens.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lente View Post
    First thing I would check is if you messed in any way with the battery pictures. Cuz it might be that the iphone is being charged but the correct images are not being displayed.

Secondly, when did you first experienced this problem? After an upgrade? And which upgrade?

Thirdly, I would try and drain my battery completely, re-charge and see what happens.
    First of all I would like to say that there is nothing messed with this picture. This issue I informed to BigBoss also (Sleepers.net) and he said it seems like logic board issue.

2ndly I try with firmware 1.1.4 , 2.0.1 & 2.0.2 and all the same.
    Last edited by liton; 09-03-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Boil your iPhone 2G in 110 degree temperature water to transform it to iPhone 3G S!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hi
    i have the same problem with u now it work?
    waht do u do?

My iPhone is a Part of Me dejawoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes,that is a fried logic board issue.Maybe you forgot it on the wall or usb charger.Then the excessive heat are caused by a faulty BGA ic at the logic board.This ic controls the internal charger.
    So,I think you have to change your logic board.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Bring it back to apple and hopefully they can swap it out if you're still in warranty.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.