+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No sound coming out of Ear Speaker but headset and Speakerphone works for Calls

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone, I'm a new member of this forum and just got my iphone and have an issue with it. It seem everything works fine with the phone except the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No sound coming out of Ear Speaker but headset and Speakerphone works for Calls
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member of this forum and just got my iphone and have an issue with it. It seem everything works fine with the phone except the ear speaker on calls. Basically, if i were to make a call and try to hold it up to my ear there is no sound (when i first got it it would cut in and out and now it finally pooped out) but if i set it to Speakerphone or plug in the headset i am able to hear sound just fine.
    I looked around the forum and internet to see if anyone had this problem and found something nearly similar but not exactly. It seems a bunch of people have had issues with the iphone thinking it still in headset mode and thus not releasing sound to the ear speaker.

What i've done:
    -- I've tried the plug the headset in and out couple times while off (it worked some times)

-- I've tried a full restore of the 2.0 (5A347) on my 2g iphone and no go.

Is there anything else i can do? If not, i suppose its a hardware failure and i still have warranty till Nov '08. So, here comes my second question: Should i just restored the factory 2.0 firmware and send back to apple or would i have to do anything else? I jailbreak, unlock and bypass activiation via Winpwn on a PC.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Sounds like a hardware issue with the speaker.

However, if your not using AT&T as your carrier, they will NOT warranty it.

And no, there is no way of "fooling" them.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, i'm an Att Customer but i don't have the iphone activated under my account. (just dropped my SIM in and used it) Would that still cause issues? If not should should i do anything prior to sending the phone in into apple for warranty?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Gotcha. Thats ok as long as YOUR AT&T.

I would restore it first though, cause if they see you have it jailbroken they will most likely give you some crap.