Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't change the lockscreen background.

What's Jailbreak? terryscott621's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can't change the lockscreen background.
    Here's my problem. I had cydia as well as customize installed on my iphone 3g with version 2.0. I used customize to install a wallpaper, a few days later i tried to change it and i couldn't change it. I uninstalled customize then reinstalled and nothing happened. I performed a full restore with plans of jailbreaking my phone again, but the lockscreen is still the same even after the restore.

Does anyone have any suggestions??? I've seen some posts about SSH, but i'm new to the iphone and I'm not even sure what SSH is or how to perform this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

dude just use regular settings. Go wallpaper and simply select the paper you want.
    If you find my Postings useful or interesting. Press the .... Thanks Button.

Thanks

That's the problem. I can't change it through settings. No matter what wallpaper i select through settings or through photos, it doesn't change.

iPhone? More like MyPhone derrickb16's Avatar
    Thanks

dude i had this problem and it killed me but all you gotta do is a simple restore its back to normal idk if it somethign in 2.0 but that fixed my problem try it out
    IF I'VE HELPED YOU BE SURE YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

Quote Originally Posted by terryscott621 View Post
    I've seen some posts about SSH, but i'm new to the iphone and I'm not even sure what SSH is or how to perform this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Here's a good walkthrough on how to SSH to your device:

SSH on Windows - ModMyI - Wiki

I would advise you to do this first, then change the permissions or delete the lockscreen in your iPhone.

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys. I already restored it and that didn't help. I think the SSH route might be the way to go for me. One last question do you need to have a jailbroken phone in order to SSH into your phone from your PC? I ask because i updated my Iphone to the new software 2.0.2. If you do need to have a jailbroken phone then i guess i'll just have to wait until the new winpwn comes out before i try this. Thanks again guys.