Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone wont charge unless plugged into a mac comp

Default iPhone wont charge unless plugged into a mac comp
    I have a 4GB 2G iPhone running a unlocked 2.0.1 with PwnageTool everything works fine, except it will not charged if plugged into a pc, power outlet, car charger, or through kenwood ipod kit; which all work with another 2g and 3g iphone we have in the house

I have reset the firmware 2 times to discover the same problem. It is a little odd but does anyone have any thoughts or similar experience?

thats really really really weird.... first time i hear that sorry lol

ahh man, this is pretty bad seeing as the iPhone battery lasts 5minutes

no one has ever experienced this?
    Last edited by fsuaR3z; 08-24-2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

That does sounds weird. Mine charge every where, Mac, PC, Car, Wall Outlet...both first Gen and 3G. You might want to try a different cable. GoodLuck.

edit: it works in the car stereo ipodcable and my macbook pro and my moms imac and not anywere else

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am having the same problem that it does not charge at all. Any solution for this ?
    Boil your iPhone 2G in 110 degree temperature water to transform it to iPhone 3G S!!

i have had no help yet, so i dont know. if some genius could come and show me the jedi way to make the iphone work, it would be greatly appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

My GF just started having this problem yesterday. Her iPhone is 2G and was previously JB, but has since been running 2.0.2.

Charges with MacBook fine, but when laptop screen is closed, the charging shuts off as well.