+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what should I do? (dent) ?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok here is the situation I bought this stupid griffin case with my iPhone to protect as I was going out the door this morning forthe clip loosens from the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Exclamation what should I do? (dent) ?
    Ok here is the situation I bought this stupid griffin case with my iPhone to protect as I was going out the door this morning forthe clip loosens from the holster and my phone direct on its side on concrete. Sadly the way the case is designed there is no protection on the side for the phone. As a result of the drop my iPhone now has dent on the upper left side and silver backing is slightly separated the chrome lining.

My phone is fully functional, matter of fact I'm typng the post using my iPhone. I could live with the dent but its unattrqxtive and just would bother especially since it wasnt my fault. What do you giuys and gals think I should do. I don't have insurance for the phone because last time I checked apple didnt announce how they were gong to handle the issue.

Thanks

I believe apple finally did announce an extended warranty plan, but that the plan did not cover user damage and accidents. I believe that some home owner's insurance might cover such accidents, but do remember that applying for insurance for a pre-existing problem is illegal, so tread lightly there.

In any case, here is my best attempt at chearing you up: If you decide to keep it as is, now you can go without the case, and treat the phone like a dog. Who knows, not babying it might be kinda fun.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well what if I returned it to apple using the standard warranty. I could said that i am returning it because jere is a defect with he phone (it echoes when using speaker phone). This problem existed before the drop ad i heard apple was issuing replacemts for peoplesho have iphone with the problem. Do you think that would work?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 652 Posts

i just bought a new black back plate for a similar drop

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    i just bought a new black back plate for a similar drop

I definitely want more information on what you did please.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

well i'm not sure how similar our situations are. Is your chrome area dented badly or just the back casing?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    well i'm not sure how similar our situations are. Is your chrome area dented badly or just the back casing?

Its just the back casing. The silver metallic area only. The chrome area seems fine. No scratches or damage. From the look of things it seems like the back casing can be removed ( I would be scared as **** to do it though.)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks

this is what i'm planning on doing:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3144