+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade from 2.0.2 to 1.1.4

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys trying to downgrade and restore to 1.1.4 and my iphone is not letting me do it ... Any help ?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Downgrade from 2.0.2 to 1.1.4
    Hey guys trying to downgrade and restore to 1.1.4 and my iphone is not letting me do it ... Any help ?

Thanks

You have to go down to itunes 7.5

Here's a good guide.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did go down to itunes 7.5 and i downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware. But when I tried the restore it gives an error (20) saying iphone cannot be restored .....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to enter DFU mode in order to downgrade.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Green Apple
    Thanks

After entering DFU mode, run the shift restore to 1.1.4 you will probably get another error at the end of the restore. Ignore that and do another shift restore to 1.1.4 when it ends, use another programme to kick it out of restore mode (iused iliberty - advanced page) and you should be up and running. If you then use iliberty to JB, Unlock you will be back on the 1.1.4 baseband too instead of the 2.0.2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scudder For This Useful Post:

fistikal (08-29-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default downgrade from 2.2 firmware to 1.1.4
    OK! here's how to do it perfectly. It will take a while but it would work for real. first, if u are in 8.0 or 7.7 or 7.6 itunes version those will not work, u have to delete any of those at control panel on add/remove programs and restart when ask to restart. then also go to MyDocuments look for the folder My Music, then look for the itunes folder erase everything inside itunes folder except the music that u have inside the itunes music. then u are now ready to download itunes 7.5 right on this site: OldVersion.com then after downloading u have to download the firmware 2.2 and it's 2.1 and u can get 2.1 and the rest at this site: iPod and iPhone Firmware Download after that open the itunes and put ur ipod/iphone to DFU mode the hit restore while holding shift then look for the firmware 2.1 and choose it it will do the restoring and after restoring u have to use QuickPwn right here: http://download117.mediafire.com/yj9...QuickPwn22.zip. This QuickPwn will guide u through everything but u also need this bootloaders download this and save to ur desktop for easy access because this bootloaders are included in the intruction on using QuickPwn download bootloaders here: http://download83.mediafire.com/bq1m...oot_loader.zip. after using QuickPwn ur iphone/ipod is gonna be a jailbroken, activated and unlocked 2.1 firmware, after downgrading to 2.1 u have to follow the steps from the beginning except the step in downgrading the itunes. u can follow the step u did from 2.2 to 2.1 all the way down to 1.1.4 make sure that after 2.1 is 2.0 then 1.1.4. That's it. copy and paste this to ur notepad or wordprocessor so u wont loose it for future use. thanks guys

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]