Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BROKEN POWER BUTTON help

Default BROKEN POWER BUTTON help
    i got a 2g iphone , the power button on top clicks but i do not get the red slider on top , i got the phone used to unlock it , (i dont have a att sim) tmobile,when i press the power button nothing happens the phone is not activated,so it wont let me into dfu mode. any help fixing this or dir to who might be able to would be greatly apreciated

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

You can get a new one online at several places (google it) and you would have to disassemble the phone to fix it. If its a hardware problem which it sounds like.

thanxx ill try that

I have your same problem! to solve it i must change only this part????!i am going crazy ;(

OP, are you sure you're holding the power button down? Just clicking it won't bring up the shutdown slider. And if it 'clicks', then the button itself should be fine, hardware-wise... Maybe a connection is loose or a cable's broken...

My iphone is fallen form an average height and that moment th power button don't work.......before opening it i would know if he certainly be repaired by replacing that piece or if irreparably damaged