Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Update 1.02 ...

bah nothing new? dont need to update imo
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

damn yoiu iphone updates

After this new update i cant jailbreak!
    anybody else have this problem?

Working fine here, all mods reinstalled.

Default SMS Backup
    I would like to update my phone. Very important question, are SMS/Text Message conversations backed up when the phone is sync-ed? This is very important for me to know.

And since I sync with Outlook, contacts should be fine. Notes however, don't sync, right? Photos (taken on the iPhone) too?

SMS will be backed up when you sync your iphone in itunes, it creates a backup file each time you sync (overwriting the existing one). Contacts like you said get synced to your outlook. Notes dont sync unfortunately. Photos taken on the iphone dont sync, however using Windows explorer you can copy those pictures off and the put them back on after the update.

Dixit

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

All my notes returned after sync

Quote Originally Posted by renegaderon View Post
    All my notes returned after sync
    So this area is a bit flaky then, cause there are reports by a few folks that lost their notes, so personally I would write them down to back them up if you really need them, cause they MAY get lost.

Dixit

Tried to update a clients phone after update and Jailbreak is not working anymore. Maybe its my computer trippin.. But anyone know why Jailbreak gives a USBMuxListnenerCreate: No error and then freeze up?
    Tried reinstalling all "hacks" with no luck. And Im not new to this.. so I dunno? Im not touching my phone lol
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

LoringStudios, Im not an avid code reader but was looking at the MobileDevice.h sourcecode and it shows that error in there when it cannot create the listening socket. Basically in layman terms it could not connect to the device via the USB. It returned an invalid memory address which results in not being able to connect to the USB. This should have no affect on the update persay, just out of curisity, try another computer. We are talking PC or Mac here?

Dixit

I just updated mine with no issues. I backed up all my hacks and told the phone to restore, it automatically restored with the new update, and put all my data back again. I was then able to jailbreak, tetherify, and sshify, and then install all my mods. I was up and running in under 30 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogjonx View Post
    LoringStudios, Im not an avid code reader but was looking at the MobileDevice.h sourcecode and it shows that error in there when it cannot create the listening socket. Basically in layman terms it could not connect to the device via the USB. It returned an invalid memory address which results in not being able to connect to the USB. This should have no affect on the update persay, just out of curisity, try another computer. We are talking PC or Mac here?

Dixit
    PC. Which is wierd cause I've never got this before. I can even run Jailbreak without the phone connected and it will say "waiting for phone" But now it errors
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

i updated and all hacks were easier then before to install. i like how the new istaller.app jailbreaks itself. Is it me or did battery life improve with this update?

You know, I did notice better battery life with the WIFI on. I usually keep it off, but if I leave it on overnight, I end up with about 60% battery left in the morning. This morning I still have 80% left after heavy usage last night, and leaving the WIFI on.

Now one night doesnt prove anything, but its a start!

Hey guys!

So, I'm a little concerned. A friend of mine said he kept getting errors on the restore after downloading and trying to install the update, though it worked after 6 or 7 attempts.

I haven't done anything major, just theme/battery/signal bars,etc. changes. I downloaded the update and upon trying to restore the phone it continues to say "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1603)."

As of right now, the phone is bricked. Any thoughts? I'm gonna be pretty pissed if I can't get this thing working. Thanks guys...

~~EDIT~~
    So, I definitely need to learn to use the Search button before I make a post

Found the other thread with 2 other guys having the exact same problem. Regardless, I fixed it.

Okay, new update... time to mod again
    Last edited by atx85; 08-25-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12