Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installing from appstore crashes all my apps form it

Exclamation Installing from appstore crashes all my apps form it
    Ok I don't know exactly how to explain this, but the first time it happend I thought it was something to do with my custom firmware or something so I restored and it fixed it. I have my iphone 2.0.1 jailbroke through pwnage and I have a combination of legit apps, cracked IPAs, and cydia apps installed. When I sync my iphone and sync all the cracked IPAs and legit apps they work flawless, well at least that is until I try to download an app straight to my phone from the appstore. Everything was going good for 2 days and I had no problems until tonight I decided to take a look at the appstore from my phone and I found a tank wars game that looked interesting and decided to download it. Well thats where my trouble began after it is done downloading and installing all my legit appstore apps start to crash on the splash screen! All the cracked ones and cydia ones still work with out a problem at all but not a single legit appstore app will launch. This happened a couple days ago to. I was just wandering if anyone else has experienced this and how to fix it. Please and thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try this:

Connect phone, uncheck Sync Applications, click Apply
    Ensure all iTunes-based apps are gone from the phone.
    In iTunes on the computer go to the Store menu and choose Authorize this Computer, enter the appropriate info (be sure it matches the account listed when you do File -> Get Info on any of your purchased apps).
    Then resync your iTunes apps. Your account should now always show at the bottom of most AppStore screens and downloaded apps on the phone should work in the future. It's the result of some goofy authorization issue.

Just chiming in to say that the above post worked perfectly to solve my problem. AND as a bonus, it also fixed the problem where my iphone suddenly didn't see any of my music or video content.

Thanks!!!

Thanks kcrmson! It worked jus fine No more restores! I made a detailed step by step guide for total noobs : Pwnage, iPhone 2.0, Cydia, Installer => AppStore Apps Crash - Solution/Fix! | iLikeMyiPhone.com

Have fun guys!

I had the same problem but found an easier fix (since I'm in a car). Just download a new free app right from your phone and it should reset your settings.

I just reread that and realized my problem was a little different, my legit apps stop working after each sync but downloading a new legit app right to the phone fixes it.
    Last edited by kegir; 09-01-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: can't read

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kegir View Post
    I had the same problem but found an easier fix (since I'm in a car). Just download a new free app right from your phone and it should reset your settings.

I just reread that and realized my problem was a little different, my legit apps stop working after each sync but downloading a new legit app right to the phone fixes it.
    In my case, my legit apps stop working after i downloaded a legit app I had to delete all apps and resync.