Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updated Cydia Ringtone folder missing?!

Exclamation Updated Cydia Ringtone folder missing?!
    I just restored my iPhone(using custom firmware) to test my theory. I noticed yesterday using my iphone browser app, my ringtone folder was missing out of my \library\ringtone. So today I did a restore... After the restore was done I opened iphone broswer and the folder was there again. Updated Cydia, and the folder is now missing again yet all my ringtones are still functional.

Weird.... I do see in the \library\ area a unknown file type "ringtone" Click on it and the application crashes.... Any help from the "cloud" would be great!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to darkrocket001 For This Useful Post:

Acadian (08-30-2008)

if it helps I'm using the latest iPhone browser. And I'll upload a screen shot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default reply to ringtones folder
    goto private/var/stash/Ringtones

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rob6623 For This Useful Post:

Acadian (08-30-2008), one1 (12-16-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mods can delete - replied to wrong post.

Last edited by Acadian; 08-30-2008 at 01:05 AM.
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

where do I find this directory?

Im having the same problem..

After installing cydia, I do not have a ringtone folder on itunes 7.7 for my 3g

I plugged another iphone into my computer with the exact same settings and the ringtone folder shows up for that phone. So I don't think its itunes. This phone had ringtones installed already, whereas mine had never had custom ringtones added. Yet how can it be the phone if they are both running identical settings? 2.0.1 with cydia and itunes 7.7 on the same vista machine.

Anyone have any ideas????

Quote Originally Posted by darkrocket001 View Post
    I just restored my iPhone(using custom firmware) to test my theory. I noticed yesterday using my iphone browser app, my ringtone folder was missing out of my libraryringtone. So today I did a restore... After the restore was done I opened iphone broswer and the folder was there again. Updated Cydia, and the folder is now missing again yet all my ringtones are still functional.

Weird.... I do see in the library area a unknown file type "ringtone" Click on it and the application crashes.... Any help from the "cloud" would be great!
    in itunes..

edit/ preferances/ general tab/ select ringtones.
    Last edited by redliine; 09-06-2008 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost