Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: a manual reboot puts iphone in recovery mode.

Default a manual reboot puts iphone in recovery mode.
    ive updated to 1.1.3 via installer(jailbroken obviously). everything seems to be working fine except for one thing. whenever i force a manual reboot, by holding down the power and home button, instead of a regular reset, the phone goes into recovery mode(connect to itunes picture). i then use ibrickr to boot the phone out of recovery mode, and everything is bak to normal again. I was wondering tho if there was any way to fix that? I dont have access to ibrickr all day long! lol has anyone else faced the same problem?!

dont hold down the home button when you are trying to turn it off, just the pwer button on the top

Quote Originally Posted by tangle View Post
    dont hold down the home button when you are trying to turn it off, just the pwer button on the top
    We're not trying to turn it off.

There's some times where you need to use a manual (or hard reset), and it brings the iPhone to recovery mode.

However if you do a reboot (soft reset) from SysInfo it doesn't cause the iPhone to go to recovery mode.

i have the same problem but mine seems to do it if i reboot it either way (sleep and home and sleep)

I encountered the same problem when installer stopped working. I just figured I needed a fresh reboot. Oops, that didn't work. I decided to just go with a clean 1.1.3 install until the release of the sdk next month. I will miss a few of my apps, but I can wait.

Which jailbreak method did you guys use? Dev Team, or natetrue's? I used natetrue's, and I haven't had any problems with reboots.

I used the Dev Team upgrade through the installer.

this sucks ***!!

1.1.4, unlocked and jailbroken with ziphone. exactly same problem!!
    did anyone find a fix?

dont wanna restore

Same thing is happening to me. Except, it also happens when I do a normal shut down. Any solutions yet?

I had the same problem. No matter how I shut the phone down it would always restart into recovery mode. I can't believe it but I think I solved this problem. I have been using iLiberty to jailbreak and to kick my iphone out of recovery mode every time it happened. Well I was playing with it and decided to try iBrickr. And guess what it worked! It's not supposed to work on 1.1.4 but I plugged in the phone started iBrickr it then told me that the iPhone was in recovery mode and was rebooting it. A minute latter and all of the problems are gone! I can now shut it down in any way and it still boots up just fine. (hard reboot, regular shut down, sysinfo reboot) If this works don't forget to thank me!
    Last edited by zuperjamez; 06-19-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zuperjamez For This Useful Post:

El Duke (09-25-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by zuperjamez View Post
    Same thing is happening to me. Except, it also happens when I do a normal shut down. Any solutions yet?

I had the same problem. No matter how I shut the phone down it would always restart into recovery mode. I can't believe it but I think I solved this problem. I have been using iLiberty to jailbreak and to kick my iphone out of recovery mode every time it happened. Well I was playing with it and decided to try iBrickr. And guess what it worked! It's not supposed to work on 1.1.4 but I plugged in the phone started iBrickr it then told me that the iPhone was in recovery mode and was rebooting it. A minute latter and all of the problems are gone! I can now shut it down in any way and it still boots up just fine. (hard reboot, regular shut down, sysinfo reboot) If this works don't forget to thank me!
    Thanks a million mate, iBrickr worked for 1.1.4 as well, the Iphone stucks in recovery mode after every restart, used iliberty to kick it out of it all the time, used Ibrickr once and the problem solved.