+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brick fix???

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
o.k. ive been trying for hours looking for someone who is describing even the slightest comparison to what im getting... first. i was on 1.1.4... restored it to factory. then
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Brick fix???
    o.k.

ive been trying for hours looking for someone who is describing even the slightest comparison to what im getting...

first. i was on 1.1.4... restored it to factory. then activated and unlocked it using ziphone...

then after that. i was being dumb and tried to upgrade to 2.0 thinking that it might... just might work...

now my phones literally going in and out of on and off on its own. when its on. its this weird recovery screen ive never seen before.. instead of the normal screen with the itunes logo and the cord that connects to the iphone with the slider at the bottom... its a screen with itunes with a USB cord with an arrow pointing to it... ive only successfully got Itunes to recognize it once... and when it did. i tried to restore to 1.1.4... but then it popped up with error 1601 or something... i read on here that i should get rid of itunes 7.7 and get 7.5.... did that... i have no earthly clue what winpwn is and tried over and over again. now it says nothing in itunes... and the only reaction the computer has when i connect is the corner of the screen saying you can connect to a 2.0 port...

i cant find anyone anywhere that has anything about this... i cant give it to apple or att. cuz its been unlocked, activated and jailbroken.

of anyone has ANY idea or knows what to do. please let me know...

like i said.. it goes on and off... every 60 seconds or so...

i dont know if i can post my phone number... but i would appreciate it if i could get vocal support...

thank you..

For your own safety i removed the number.
    -DoerrFan.
    Last edited by DoerrFan; 09-05-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Follow this guide EXACTLY and you'll be fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok. but i dont want the whole new custom firmwares and all...i have the 1.1.4 and 1.1.5 and 2.0 firmware restores... i want 1.1.4 back from 2.0...

But first... let me tell you... i was able to unbrick it... but now my simcard seems to be deactivated... The phone says that its 1.1.4. i have installer and can activate it and all. butit wont successfully restore to 1.1.4 "officially" in itunes.... now that ive unbricked it... when its restoring the firmware... it stopps and sayd error "1015"... i checked my imei... its normal... (what its supposed to be) and everything shows up... but in netowrk section it says im not on any network.... and in itunes.... it says i dont have a phone number...

so i tried to reactivate the sim card... nothing....'

and i still cant restore to 1.1.4...

and i have no service...

and i really dont wanna give it to apple...

definately not givin it to apple....

so anyway... i heard that i should downgrade itunes... entirely... then connect iphone... then try to restore.thats when i figured out something to try... that worked.. (what i did) and now im stuck with an outdated version of itunes and a phone thats not a phone...

i mean everything works when its in normal mode... just no service...

lemme know...

and i use ziphone.

it works really well... till now... and it still wasntreally ziphones fault.... it was mine.
    cuz im a retard

please reply...

Corey

Thanks

My iPhone did the same thing as yours when i tried to update to 2.0 where it would boot up and say connect to iTunes then restart and do the same thing. I put it in DFU mode and finally it updated. I don't know if you can get back to 1.1.4 so I suggest you read up on winpwn and use that to pwn it in 2.0. That's what I did

oh and you have no service right now cuz your iPhone is activated but not unlocked
    Last edited by xwinger; 08-11-2008 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry URGENT! PC doesn't recognize iPhone / weird Recovery mode / reset by itself!!!
    Hi!

I am new into iPhone stuff, and I made the same mistake upgrading to 2.0, and trying to unlock it using ziphone.

Now, it looks like it's in a weird recovery mode, but the PC doesn't recognize neither iTunes (i tried all USB ports, including another PC). It resets (restarts) every 60 secs, appearing the apple logo and then the weird recovery mode screen. I can turn it off, but every time I turn it on, it keeps restarting. I tried to put in DFU mode and recovery mode, pressing simultaneously the home and sleep button at the same time, but doesn't do anything but going on and off on its own.

Please, help me out!

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    put it in DFU mode and restore....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do I do it? I tried to press home and sleep button at the same time, plugging the cable with iTunes open, and nothing - this is the screen I've got so far - Brick fix???-iphone-001.jpg

The PC does not recognize the iPhone, and the Iphone doesn't respond when I press home and sleep button at the same time. Very strange...

Thanks

dude, seriously, google "dfu mode iphone", its easy.

if you use a pwnagetool to create custom firmware it guides you putting it into dfu mode. and you can't go wrong with quickpwn either.

using ziphone is an instant fail anyways im afraid.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luttiratti View Post
    How do I do it? I tried to press home and sleep button at the same time, plugging the cable with iTunes open, and nothing - this is the screen I've got so far - Attachment 82221

The PC does not recognize the iPhone, and the Iphone doesn't respond when I press home and sleep button at the same time. Very strange...

Try unplugging and plugging back in to see if itunes recognizes it. From that point download a firmware file from the downloads section here at MMi. I would suggest 2.0.1 or later.
    Next leave the phone as it is and click Shift + and hit Restore to the firmware file you downloaded (keep it in a place that you will remember i.e. your desktop) Once you have restored the phone to a normal factory firmware check this out ------> Click Me!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luttiratti View Post
    Hi!

I am new into iPhone stuff, and I made the same mistake upgrading to 2.0, and trying to unlock it using ziphone.

Now, it looks like it's in a weird recovery mode, but the PC doesn't recognize neither iTunes (i tried all USB ports, including another PC). It resets (restarts) every 60 secs, appearing the apple logo and then the weird recovery mode screen. I can turn it off, but every time I turn it on, it keeps restarting. I tried to put in DFU mode and recovery mode, pressing simultaneously the home and sleep button at the same time, but doesn't do anything but going on and off on its own.

Please, help me out!

Thanks!

Ok first you are going to need some patience and mindless repeating of steps. You need to hold home and power for a while. It may take 2 or 3 times of the phone resetting itself to finally power off, stay off and power back on and stay on. Keep holding home and power then releasing when it turns off, if it turns back on by itself try it again. Eventually the phone will stay off and not turn back on. and should get out of that loop its in. I ran across this a few times over the past year during firmware updates and pwning.

The "weird" restore logo you see is the newer logo for the 2.xx firmwares. No worries there that means you are on a later firmware. I would seriously do the steps I said above and then get it to a factory firmware using shift key + restore in itunes. I would not try to do it using their auto update service.

When you go to iTunes and use a downloaded firmware file from --->Firmware Section MMi
    Last edited by Muggz5; 09-05-2008 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

dont go back to 1.1.4 you have the 2.0 baseband
    just stay on 2.0 or else you gonna get troubles

so technically if you go back to 1.1.4 your gonna have the visual part 1.1.4 e.g no app-store
    but the phone part will be 2.0
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

Stay at 2.0 not worth the troubles.
    On 2.0 just pwn it and make a custom firmware with pwnage tool, and restore to that and your set.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Try unplugging and plugging back in to see if itunes recognizes it. From that point download a firmware file from the downloads section here at MMi. I would suggest 2.0.1 or later.
    Next leave the phone as it is and click Shift + and hit Restore to the firmware file you downloaded (keep it in a place that you will remember i.e. your desktop) Once you have restored the phone to a normal factory firmware check this out ------> Click Me!!!!

Ok first you are going to need some patience and mindless repeating of steps. You need to hold home and power for a while. It may take 2 or 3 times of the phone resetting itself to finally power off, stay off and power back on and stay on. Keep holding home and power then releasing when it turns off, if it turns back on by itself try it again. Eventually the phone will stay off and not turn back on. and should get out of that loop its in. I ran across this a few times over the past year during firmware updates and pwning.

The "weird" restore logo you see is the newer logo for the 2.xx firmwares. No worries there that means you are on a later firmware. I would seriously do the steps I said above and then get it to a factory firmware using shift key + restore in itunes. I would not try to do it using their auto update service.

When you go to iTunes and use a downloaded firmware file from --->Firmware Section MMi
    Thanks a bunch for taking a time to help me out.

Now I can turn it off, and it stays off, but when I turn it on, it still resets by its own, and iTunes doesn't recognize it. I think this is the worst problem, 'cause I cannot do anything else other than turn it off and on, expecting it to stop resetting.

It's a pain in the neck...

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance.